What side plates or frames would you want made that would get everyone on board

Started by mikeysm, January 14, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

Quote from: Decker on February 01, 2018, 02:58:29 PM
Quote from: mo65 on February 01, 2018, 02:38:43 PM
  Years ago Tiburon made a 2/0 Senator frame, surprising, as a stock 2/0 is a pretty stout frame. Most likely this is why it disappeared, but it would be great for a hot rod LB60 project. Not sure if it was drilled for a LB60, maybe Ted knows, I think he was the one who enlightened me about the 2/0 Tib. 8)

Wow, didn't think of the 2/0, Mo!   The existence of that frame would put this idea one step closer to reality.

And the same frame could be used for a narrow 112H if you made a narrow spool to suit the pinion gear of the 112H. I don't know how wide they were but did the narrow 112H kits Tiburon made use the same frame as the tib 2/0 with extra side plate holes for the different screw spacing?

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

mikeysm

All you need to do is get at least 25 people to commit to purchasing 112 side plates and ask Tom to see if will make them. I don't know what amount Tom needs to start so I was just making a ball park figure.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: CooldadE on February 02, 2018, 10:00:42 AM
I've been feening for a narrow 112H for a looking time...

Tiburon produced a topless narrow (1 5/8") kit for the 112H high speed 3/0 Senator a  long time ago.  I have verified that they still have their engineering and set ups, so there would be no delays or tooling charges or other costs involved to have them run it again.  All that they would require is a run of 35 kits, and maybe less since they already have the set up.  I believe that the cost would be under $150 for the frame, spool and rod clamp kit.

I have copied this post to the Vintage Offshore Tackle forum. http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24269.0  If you would want a Tiburon 112H kit for $149 plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA, please post on that forum which standard Tiburon color you would like.  Tiburon's standard colors are electric blue, cobalt blue, black, silver, red, purple and dark green.  If and when we accumulate 20 orders, I will get a production date and exact cost from Tiburon and then check back with everyone to confirm that their orders are still firm.  If there is enough interest, Tom might consider moving a 112H side plate project closer to the front of his project line up.  

I do not believe that the holes pattern for the 111 2/0 and 112 3/0 are the same as the 112H high speed 3/0, and I also think that the spool shafts may be different, so the 112H kits may not fit those models.  I am not home right now so I can't check, but maybe some one else can tell us.

Decker

I've never heard of the narrow 112H before, but would be interested.  Sounds like a smaller yo-yo?  Anyone have a pic or a link?

mhc

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 02, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
I do not believe that the holes pattern for the 111 2/0 and 112 3/0 are the same as the 112H high speed 3/0, and I also think that the spool shafts may be different, so the 112H kits may not fit those models.  I am not home right now so I can't check, but maybe some one else can tell us.

You're correct, the hole patterns and the spool shafts are different - you could probably overcome that with extra holes in the frame and different spools but the width is wrong also. 1 5/8" is narrower than the 2/0 and LB60, they are around 1 13/16" wide. For some reason I thought the narrow 112H frames were the same width as the 2/0
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

steelfish

Quote from: Decker on February 02, 2018, 04:40:34 PM
I've never heard of the narrow 112H before, but would be interested.  Sounds like a smaller yo-yo?  Anyone have a pic or a link?

Lee (keta) have an awesome 112h narrow with topless frame, but photobucket tookdown those pictures, maybe he can attach them again direct to a post so they cannot be deleted.
I was after that route, I even double dogged the stock sideplate and got one of his octagon inserts, I had plans to get the narrow frame but the extra narrow frame for the 113h appeared first.  :-\ ;D

The Baja Guy

Keta

I have a pair of 112HN reels.  Here's is the frame kit for the first one, with a 99 width 112H and the parts donor at the bottom.

Next to a 501

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Decker

RUSTY OLD COLT

I really need one of these for my narrow tiburon 3/0 senator...now all wi need is a stainless double dog set up

Decker

Quote from: Keta on January 22, 2018, 12:30:05 PM
I wish Trond would show back up, as well as the other missing Scandinavians. 

There is not many parts for the 60, I put my project 60 together almost stock, SS gearsleve, SS AR dog and Bryans drag stack and gave it to my friends grandson.  The post '90 Seaboy 185/190 project is coming along well, the 185 is finished and I'm waiting for funds to get another SS gearsleve for the 190.  The 3.1:1 gear ratio is better for my needs that the 60's 2.5:1 but still not many aftermarket parts, and the reels are not that common.

I found that thread about the 2/0, 60 frame from Trond.  Wish I had read it sooner: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12543.15

basto

What about the TLD Star series. 15/30 and 20/40. These reels have huge stainless gears for a 3/0 size reel. Take drag washers the size of a 114h and with a carbontex upgrade will pull 20 lb of drag.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

mikeysm

I agree the TLD sideplates would be popular. I hope it can become a reality someday.

Mike

STRIPER LOU

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on February 05, 2018, 01:45:31 PM
I really need one of these for my narrow tiburon 3/0 senator...now all wi need is a stainless double dog set up

Rusty Old Colt, I still have a few new silver Tiburon T3N narrow frame/spool/rod clamp kits left.  They are 1 5/8" wide between the side plates, the same width as the 322, 501, 1/0, etc.  I can deliver one to you for $153.94 including shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking.  Would you like one?

I also picked up a mint in the original box 1980's P220F if you are still looking for one.

Thanks,

Randy