310 GTi
2 (11.1%)
Penn 180
6 (33.3%)
Penn 10
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

xjchad

So here is a list of my next build candidates.
I've done searches on all of them and know the basics of what can be done.
I'm want to see what you all think and why(if you feel like expounding on it).  :)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

I voted for the 180, just because nobody has done one recently. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

magpower cause its a magpower.  Mo I will do a 180 tomorrow just for you :)

Swami805

Yeah Chad, 970 for sure. Bryan had a drag kit for awhile, you might check and see if he has any. Worth the extra $ for sure.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Sorry. No drag kits available for the 970/980. I sent the all those kits to and are available only at MysticParts.com.

I don't see them on the website. If you a drag kit please call MysticParts. Sorry for the trouble.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Decker

I'd like to see a 180 rebuild; it is one of the lightest.  My preference is to see one not tanked, but made to be a light casting whiz. Thanks for asking.

Gfish

Just because I'm a little OCD, I'd start with the most basic - the LB 60, to get myself in the mode, then the Delmar, etc., etc.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: Decker on January 16, 2018, 02:04:17 PM
I'd like to see a 180 rebuild; it is one of the lightest.  My preference is to see one not tanked, but made to be a light casting whiz. Thanks for asking.

To hold you off for now Joe...check out my 180 build...it was intended to be light weight/castable. 8)

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18637.0

Decker

Quote from: mo65 on January 16, 2018, 02:33:37 PM

To hold you off for now Joe...check out my 180 build...it was intended to be light weight/castable. 8)

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18637.0

Very nice, Mo.  It's a lot like what I envisioned. 

thorhammer

I'm doing one this week.

farmer56

farmer 56  here...  LB 60...  180....  or  10....only  because  i  have  all  three...its  fun  to  see  true  craftsman  at  work  ...  dream  alittle  and  say  "what  if " ...   at  least  our -40  temps  are  moderating ....  farmer out...

xjchad

Thanks guys, keep the votes and ideas coming!
I'm for sure going to do the Baymaster 180 since it will complement the 155 I just did.  Actually, my son Logan is going to build the 180  ;D
I figured since he took it apart, he should put it back together.

I'm going for light weight and castability like Mo suggested.  
I have a few neat ideas, but open to anything.
This will be a perfect reel to start him on conventionals!
I figure this will be great for fishing the harbor or the lake.
Just need to find a good rod to match it to for him.  Any suggestions?

mo65

That's cool xjchad! Not only is the 180 small enough for a kid to use it is strong enough to see them to adulthood. Those are tough little reels. Folks use them beyond their design, but it doesn't hurt them. I really like mine. 8)

P.S.  I fish my 180 on a Browning Silaflex 7ft. med/hvy. It seems to pair well.

Decker

Hey, I like this!   I have a some young volunteers at my place too.  At this point the reels are mostly serving as fidget-spinners, but yesterday two of my daughters were fighting over which one got to scrub a crusty beachmaster with a toothbrush!  I can picture my son disassembling a baymaster.  Keep them busy with Dad's hobby and out of Mom's hair.  What could be better?

xjchad

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys!
While Logan is building the 180, I think I'll tear into the 970.  ;D