Fishing rod Good VS bad

Started by Reel Beaker, January 18, 2018, 10:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

It would need some kind of impact to chip like that, It would be a good idea to replace it before it cracks. Murphy's law clearly states that it will crack when you have a big fish on.

Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman

forget "big fish on" -- if you use it "as is", you'll quickly waste the cost of a new guide by replacing damaged line...  and that's w/ mono -- w/ braid, one cast may cost you $10!!!

Reel Beaker

Quote from: philaroman on February 05, 2018, 03:48:54 PM
forget "big fish on" -- if you use it "as is", you'll quickly waste the cost of a new guide by replacing damaged line...  and that's w/ mono -- w/ braid, one cast may cost you $10!!!

ehh what do u mean?

Keta

Damaged or bad guides tear up braid.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel Beaker

Guys, remember when i said i was looking out for a rod to fish some bait, mainly sardines...

An Abu Garcia Super Ascalon advanced stage II  rod in a local tackle shop caught my eye. I went home and googled the rod, and to my dismal, came up with nothing except results in malay(Ascalon rod and w/o the super). Does anyone has such a rod or know where i can find relevant information about the rod? Surely, an Abu Garcia rod deserve more publicity than this? I also saw some Shakespear Ugly Stiks and Daiwa Crossfire. However, the Ugly stiks were too short and the crossfire were casting rods(never used a baitcaster reel in all my life).

What surprised me, was that Daiwa S.E Crossfire rods seem different from their American counterparts. Why is this so? This also seem to apply to Daiwa and Shimano reels. Should i be worried about the differences?

philaroman

people in different parts of the World need/want/appreciate different things & manufacturers try to accomodate

CapeFish

Quote from: philaroman on February 08, 2018, 07:37:09 PM
people in different parts of the World need/want/appreciate different things & manufacturers try to accomodate

yip we have shore rods here in South Africa from all the big brands like Penn, Shimano, Daiwa, Okuma that you will hardly ever find on the main websites and they will probably not even be available outside of the country, maybe some of the blanks are used, but most likely none will be sold elsewhere with a reel seat at the bottom configuration. The same probably holds true for many other countries.