Rod holder for pick up truck

Started by conchydong, January 18, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

While going through my outside junk pile, I found my old aluminum braces for my long gone tonneau cover. Thinking, what can I use these for, I decided to make a cheap rod holder. I ordered some Dubro rod holders and screwed them on and in less than 1/2 hour, instant rod holders. The only thing I want to do is get a some felt or neopream to glue on the bottom of the ones near the tips so the rods aren't resting on the hard plastic. Just thought I'd share a cheap and easy trick. My coolers and boxes will fit easily underneath them.

Scott

erikpowell

Great idea!

I may have do similar and add those Dubros to the roof racks on our Prius!
Looks like my old Landcruiser may be out of commission for awhile  :(

Thanks for sharing!

bluefish69

I have a friend that had a Rocket Launcher Rod Rack in the back of his PU truck. He was coming from N.H. to his home in PA. He stopped for coffee & everything was gone.

Be Careful

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Reel 224

Darn good idea. I have that slimier setup for my raged up tonneau cover, I have to find the ribs and set up my rods like you have.

Thanks for shearing...................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

kmstorm64

For a moment I thought the rod was going through the rear window, had to blow up the image to see it better. Great idea!
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

George6308

Pool noodle would work better than felt. Felt is not water proof.