Quantum Cabo 50

Started by sharkman, January 19, 2018, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Recently acquired used new generation Cabo 50. The reel has the strangest quirk. The reel works perfect until it get cold. When it get cold the anti-reverse acts up. I figure issue with grease. Has anybody had this problem?

CapeFish

Nope, but I don't live in a very cold place. It could well be the lube used in the anti reverse - gets too thick when it is cold then the rollers can't engage

Jeri

We stock and use the entire range of Cabo's. Never had an issue with any of them.

It is a simple anti-reverse bearing in the smaller models, so perhaps clean out the grease and oil.

Define 'cold'??

sharkman

Thanks for the response Jeri. I was able to get the reel to quit acting up after cleaning the antireverse bearing with carb cleaner. The temperature was in the 30-40s when it was acting up.

Jeri

Positively arctic!!!!

Generally we use oil in the anti-reverse, but not because of polar conditions....... ;D

handi2

They are very good strong reels. I use a couple of them.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Jeri

My wife is out practicing shark fishing with a couple of team mates from the Namibian Ladies team today - at least 4 of the 6 reels are Cabos of various sizes.

I've got to sit in the shop and tend to sales, thanks to a broken leg. Life is tough!!! :D