Curado CU-201

Started by Scattergun2570, January 20, 2018, 10:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

I started to open the reel to change to Carbontex Drag Washers..but when i got to where I had to get the StarDrag nut off, there was a problem. It started backing off just fine and then it came to a sudden stop..was tough to turn. I did not want to take a wrench to it with out asking what do to about it here.is this common and what should. I do?

handi2

If the nut under the drag star backed out fine then started to get tight it is binding on an protruding edge formed by the handle being put on tight. Turn the nut back in towards the reel and file the 2 flat sides of the reels main shaft where the handle sits.

Its a common issue. You would have to do this to get the main gear and it's washers off the shaft anyway.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Scattergun2570

Quote from: handi2 on January 20, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
If the nut under the drag star backed out fine then started to get tight it is binding on an protruding edge formed by the handle being put on tight. Turn the nut back in towards the reel and file the 2 flat sides of the reels main shaft where the handle sits.

Its a common issue. You would have to do this to get the main gear and it's washers off the shaft anyway.

Keith

Anything else I can use besides a file,,? Sandpaper maybe? I don't have files.  Can you suggest files for me to buy?