Hard Case to transport - reels, handguns, makeup...

Started by Gobi King, January 21, 2018, 11:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

I have never flown with big reels, after seeing Alan's little baggage damage and Darron's suggestions of using a hard case, I have been looking for a value hard case.

Today I was at Sams Club with my girls and we found this:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/24in-protective-case-member-s-mark/prod21372505.ip

They even had a smaller version for $19.

I picked up one, not sure how many Okuma 20s I can fit in one but I am sure a couple will fit safely in the smaller one I bought.

What do you guys think?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Rivverrat

I think if the latches & handle are sturdy Thats a good buy... Jeff

Bryan Young

That looks like a nice case for a good price. Too bad I'm not a Sam's Club member. I think Sam's club is probably about 50 miles away from. If you do purchase it, please post your comments regarding it. Thank you
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Looks like a knock off of the original hard sided case.  Guess their patent expired  :P.  At a quarter of the original's price.  If you give it a go, let us know what you think.  I would use expect a failure at the hinges and clamps to occur.  The rollers and extendable handle would be suspect also, but not catestrophic.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Knock off or not. It is a good move to protect your gear. ;)
Life is Good!