Main Menu

ramblings

Started by farmer56, January 22, 2018, 01:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer 56  here....  caught  first  fish  in a farm pond  about  age  10  used  a  stick   line  and  cork , caught  bullheads....age  20  had  a  chance  to  fish  for  walleyes.  wow  what  an  improvement  in flavor  .  ruined  me  eating  bullheads....age  30  my  sister  bought  a  beach  house  close  to  cannon beach  or.  got  to  fish  ocean...  500 ft. deep  18  mi.  out ,  set  crab pots  on  way  out..  bottom  fished  caught  ling cod  rock fish  caught  one  salmon   and a variety of  other  fish...  another  improvement  in  flavor  ..  does  it  get  any  better......so  in  my  shelter  south  west  minnesota  farm  life  i  have  had  a  chance  to  ocean  fish  three  times...   i  love  ling  cod  and  dungenous crab  the  best...                                                                                                                                the  captain  of  the  first  ocean  fishing  trip  said  it  will  be  a  little  "SNAPPY"  on  the  way  out ... this  farm  boy  learned   the  deck  hands  on  the  boat  would  fit  rite  in  riding  the  rack  baling  hay....  we  had  30  foot  swells  according   to  the  captain...i  was  thinking  to  my  self  be   i  go  again  i  would  get  tumbled  around  in  a  cement  mixer  first  to  better  adjust  to  boat  travel    .... next  two  trips  were  calm...so  have  you  guys  heard  the  term  snappy  ?  or  our  local  sayings  ..  red  sky  at  nite  sailers delight    or  red  sky  in  morning  sailers  warning  ?  im  done  rambling...  farmer  out

David Hall

Fished the Pacific all my life never heard it referred to as snappy, but that does sound like an apt description of some days.

thorhammer

I was taking off from Ca last year, sitting fir wind to drop below 50knots. The pilot said the ascent was gonna be 'sporting' , Lol.

On boats we call that snotty

Dominick

I call it pukey.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

I get seasick easy--I'd call it "terrible."

Frank

Gfish

Last Ca. trip on rough water, the Capt. Said it was gonna be "sloppy". Indeed, I've never seen so much vomit that didn't make it over the side. You hadda hold your breath to use the head.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

I term it "Looking For RALPH!" and once the sea legs hit possible "Man Overboard!"  ::)

I'm a small boat freshwater guy so 2 foot is about all my inner ear can tolerate.  :P
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Keta

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 22, 2018, 05:58:02 PM
I term it "Looking For RALPH!" and once the sea legs hit possible "Man Overboard!"  ::)

I'm a small boat freshwater guy so 2 foot is about all my inner ear can tolerate.  :P

Ralph O'Rork.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

What the ... RALPH?

Frank

Keta

The sound some make when chumming.

Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Keta on January 23, 2018, 02:28:03 PM
The sound some make when chumming.

That's pretty good, Lee. I've never heard, or thought, of it in the chumming sense.  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Shark Hunter

I can't help myself. :D
Life is Good!

mo65

Hey fellas...it's Rambling Ralph! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

So, Dennis (farmer56) have you given up on Minn. freshwater completely for saltwater?

Frank