Trophy Fish Caught on Zebco Spincasters

Started by festus, January 22, 2018, 08:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I grew up with Zebco and Daiwa.
I still fish them today. Just different Versions.
I wish I had pictures, but they are so old, they are on floppy discs. ::)
Life is Good!

handyandy

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 23, 2018, 05:05:55 AM
Photo quality's not very good but back in the day when a 5 lb walleye was considered big I caught this 6 1/2 lber on a 202 out of a small NE reservoir. I was 20 at the time and had just purchased a Zebco Cardinal 6 but only used it for the big trips to MN. We were just out dinkin' around that day so I took the old 202 my wife usually used. That's the only time I ever fished with that reel. I still can't believe I got that fish in on that little ol' plastic thing with kinky mono line.  

Awesome pic and I'm sure a great memory of a great day, I noticed the hamms in the back got plenty of those sitting in the fridge right now haha ;D

nagant

Zebco,s were a godsend for me as a kid.  First reels we had were handmedown cheap bait casters and steel rods.  Had to lay the line out in front of me and to cast any distance. Then dad let me pick out zebco 909 combo, like a new best friend!  Memorable zebco catch's... 10 pound flathead on a UL4 underspinner... 6' 4" alligator gar on either a borrowed 202 or a 33 around Brownsville Texas about 1980, wore me and the reel out!
Brice