Hello from bonny scotland!

Started by zanderman, January 23, 2018, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderman

Hi all my names Alexander and i hail from scotland.  I love all forms of sea fishing and own 5 Abu multipliers/baitcasters.  Going to take a wee look about now.  thanks for all your help

Alexander

Keta

Hi.  Are there zander in Scotland?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome aboard, Alexander!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

swill88

alantani

welcome!  ah, another place for the bucket list!  but this time more for the scotch than the fishing!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Welcome Alexander.  Where in Scotland are you from?  We went there for my honeymoon and went as far north as the Isle of Skye.  What a country.  Beautiful, lean air, and the kippers...  I wish I drank Scotch back then. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on January 23, 2018, 06:16:50 PM
welcome!  ah, another place for the bucket list!  but this time more for the scotch than the fishing!!!!!!

I fit in a suitcase.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

zanderman

Quote from: Keta on January 23, 2018, 04:33:11 PM
Hi.  Are there zander in Scotland?
Hi im not exactly sure about zander as in the species of fish, im near certian there is in england.  will look into it for ya

Keta

I thought they were only in northern Europe.

Mark Twain

zanderman

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 23, 2018, 06:36:23 PM
Welcome Alexander.  Where in Scotland are you from?  We went there for my honeymoon and went as far north as the Isle of Skye.  What a country.  Beautiful, lean air, and the kippers...  I wish I drank Scotch back then. 

I'm an east coast lad from Arbroath but I've been all over.  skye is a lovely place, did you goto Dunvegan castle?

zanderman

Quote from: Keta on January 23, 2018, 08:28:10 PM
I thought they were only in northern Europe.

might be an invasive species...don't quote me but I'm sure I read somewhere that there was in England.  I'm a sea fisher so my knowledge of freshwater is somewhat limited

Keta

Mark Twain

Hardy Boy

Welcome from the West Coast of Canada ! I never met a fisherman from Scotland that I didn't like, mostly because they like the single malt like me. You will learn tons here.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd