Hello from bonny scotland!

Started by zanderman, January 23, 2018, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Alexander,

Welcome from the other end of the country, I am down in Cornwall.

Mike.

David Hall

Welcome, I'll be visiting Scotland this year.  Never been yet but looking forward to the trip and getting in some fishing.  I might have to ask you to help me out!

conchydong

Welcome to the forum. My first wife was from Scotland, her family roots were from Ayr but her father owned a hotel in St. Andrews. $$$. Been over at least a half dozen times but it has been awhile. Sure love some Arbroath Smokies! ;D

Benni3

Alto Mare

Welcome Alexander, enjoy your stay!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Hi Alex, from sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

Hi wee man I am a bit farther south - Orsett, southern Engaland. Robertson clan in the lineage. Many happy holidays in the highlands, some of them sunny and dry ;D
Still not caught a Scottish  salmon - do they still exist ;)

Bill B

Welcome Alexander.....Bill, California USA
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

zanderman

Quote from: David Hall on January 23, 2018, 11:07:06 PM
Welcome, I'll be visiting Scotland this year.  Never been yet but looking forward to the trip and getting in some fishing.  I might have to ask you to help me out!

feel free to ask me anything mate :)

zanderman

Quote from: conchydong on January 24, 2018, 12:00:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. My first wife was from Scotland, her family roots were from Ayr but her father owned a hotel in St. Andrews. $$$. Been over at least a half dozen times but it has been awhile. Sure love some Arbroath Smokies! ;D

Im amazed you have heard of arbroath smokies!!! lovely to eat!

Keta

I like haddock, I bet it is really good smoked.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

Quote from: zanderman on January 25, 2018, 01:56:34 AM
Quote from: conchydong on January 24, 2018, 12:00:46 AM

Im amazed you have heard of arbroath smokies!!! lovely to eat!

Oh yes. They were on the breakfast menu at my Father in laws hotel. I either had black pudding or Smokies every morning as they aren't common food items in the States. I also like Finnan Haddie especially prepared in a bowl of Cullen skink on a cool night. I am sure that will get some folks googling. ;Db

Scott

Tiddlerbasher