Another rainbow trout....

Started by pjstevko, January 24, 2018, 01:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

A friend and I spent the morning chasing trout in Sequoia National Park up the middle fork of the Kaweah River but we couldn't even see one trout. After about 2 hours with no luck we had to the location of my last success and work the river for another hour or two. We had sightings of trout but no takers which was frustrating. Around noon my friend Justin throws in the towel and heads back to his place to grab some lunch but I tell him in gonna stick it out another hour and boy am I glad I did....

As I'm working my panther martin in front of some huge river boulders a rainbow comes up off the bottom from underneath the rocks and absolutely slams my lure, it hit so hard it almost pulled my rod out of my hands. As I'm fighting the fish and river current the fish jumped 3 or 4 times and I hoped my hook set would stay put and lucky it did...

I didn't measure the fish but it was bigger than the one the other day so my guess is it is around 14 inches.....

Gfish

He's lookin like he's hungry and was ready to fight.  Pretty good fishin in the park. I been twice. Preferable to Yosmite when it comes to fishin & backpackin, for me. Never knew there's Winter-time fishin there...
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

wfjord

Pretty fish. Pretty St. Croix rod, too.

Benni3

Nice trout,,,,with a good lip hook  ;D

steelfish

beautiful fish, congrats for that catch
The Baja Guy

pjstevko

Thanks for all the kind words..... It's fun fishing but I still think I like saltwater better