First fishing trip of 2018 before the wind blows for weeks

Started by steelfish, January 24, 2018, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Jeff, the panga we used on this trip was 27' and using a 150hp yamaha 2-stroke motor , my friend wants to switch to a 115hp 4-stroke, enough hp and better motor overall
The Baja Guy

Cortez_Conversions

Look like you had a great time Alex!
Thanks for sharing!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cor

Quote from: steelfish on January 26, 2018, 04:56:38 AM
Jeff, the panga de used on this trip was 27' and using a 150hp yamaha 2-stroke motor , my friend wants to switch to a 115hp 4-stroke, enough hp and better motor overall
And sooooo quite its just a pleasure to be out there!
Cornelis

Tiddlerbasher

I've caught a few big cats (Asian type) on my Andros 2 speed. Only used low gear twice ever - but when I did I'm glad I had that low gear - them 50lb plus Giant Mekong can really pull and they can be quick. I've seen a couple of rods disappear into the lake before the owners could grab them.

steelfish

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on January 26, 2018, 03:13:11 PM
I've caught a few big cats (Asian type) on my Andros 2 speed. Only used low gear twice ever - but when I did I'm glad I had that low gear - t

that's what Im saying, I dont see much the need for the low gear on my normal local fisheries, but is nice to have that whinch gear for when I hook a big grouper, a stubborn shark, a heavy ray or any other big fish that from time to time you can catch here.

glad you all like the pictures amigos.
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Ya I love the pics you post from that area you fish. Ever fishing there is just a dream. 

On my Andros 12's Im changing the 6.4:1 in my 12N to a 4.7:1 high gear. This ratio is much more useful for me but still to fast. A gear that retrieves 25" of line each handle turn would be best. I'll leave one of my standard size reels with 6.4:1 for retreiving longer casts... Jeff