Anyone going fishing on opening day?

Started by pjstevko, January 27, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Morro Bay Landing has a 10 and 12 hour trips going on Sunday April 1st which is opening day for lingcod and rockfish and I was wondering if anyone was thinking of fishing....

My birthday is a few days later but I was thinking of giving myself a early birthday gift.......I'm not fully committed yet but just wanted to see if there is any interest....

Pj

alantani

nothing planned then.  if we have enough guys, i might be able to open up the clubhouse!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

I think I can make it on that day. I can take Monday off so I don't have to rush. Just tell me what kind of sausage you want to eat. Bryan still needs to let me know how the Hawaiian linguisa was. Maybe I will do some salaimi I still have time to make it.

Mike

swill88

pjstevko

I'll be back to work by then but we won't be too busy so there's a good chance I can get that Monday off as well... I need to check with the "boss" to make sure I can go but since my birthday is a few days later I'm sure she'll be ok with it

David Hall

I can sure make every effort to join in, I'd have to take Monday off as well.  Tried that fishing and driving back to San Jose  on the same day before.  Didn't like it one bit. Won't every try it again.

alantani

ok, the clubhouse is being reserved from friday, march 30th until monday, april 2nd.  pj, can you pick a boat and get us a link to start signing up.  that last one we were on from morro bay landing was good.  if it's ok, i will also ping glenn fukumoto. 

Big Tim

I might be able to convince someone at work to change their schedule ? I would be late night or we hours in the morning Saturday/Sunday ? I did just bring about 10lbs.of rock cod fillets for the guys yesterday.

Tim

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on January 28, 2018, 05:06:51 AM
ok, the clubhouse is being reserved from friday, march 30th until monday, april 2nd.  pj, can you pick a boat and get us a link to start signing up.  that last one we were on from morro bay landing was good.  if it's ok, i will also ping glenn fukumoto

I'm not 100% in yet but I'm gonna suggest the Endeavor 12hr. Cape San Martin

By all means ask Glenn to join us, the more the merrio

alantani

yes, thank you!  it was the endeavor!  i just checked and there are 33 spots left out of 35.  anyone interested had better sign up quick.  i don't think these spots will last very long.  

https://morrobaylanding.fishingreservations.net/sales/

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on January 28, 2018, 05:19:47 AM
yes, thank you!  it was the endeavor!  i just checked and there are 33 spots left out of 35.  anyone interested had better sign up quick.  i don't think these spots will last very long.  

https://morrobaylanding.fishingreservations.net/sales/

Yes that trip will sell out. I will talk to the guys at work Monday and if I can swing it I will be there.

Tim

alantani

i just signed up for the 12 hour on the endeavor.  there are now 32 spots open!!!!!  the cauycos house has enough beds to sleep 7, plus two lounge chairs and floor space for air mattresses.  you will need to bring sleeping bags and towels.  the house will be available from friday to monday.  i've reserved two beds for me and ed.  let me know who else is in!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on January 28, 2018, 05:42:43 AM
i just signed up for the 12 hour on the endeavor.  there are now 32 spots open!!!!!  the cauycos house has enough beds to sleep 7, plus two lounge chairs and floor space for air mattresses.  you will need to bring sleeping bags and towels.  the house will be available from friday to monday.  i've reserved two beds for me and ed.  let me know who else is in!

Well this escalated quickly  ;D

I'll check with the boss in the am since she's already in bed.....

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: pjstevko on January 28, 2018, 05:47:16 AM
Quote from: alantani on January 28, 2018, 05:42:43 AM

Well this escalated quickly  ;D

I'll check with the boss in the am since she's already in bed.....

I'm in and I'm booking it now, but if the forecast is for more than 15 knots of wind that day, I will be standing on the dock wishing you guys good luck!

Big Tim

OK...I'm in... If i can't go I will put my $$ to another trip.

Tim