Anyone going fishing on opening day?

Started by pjstevko, January 27, 2018, 01:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

New secret weapon...Tsunami Forged 10 lever drag.  ;)

BT

pjstevko

bhale1

Wow...that looks awesome ;D. Factory anti-reverse, plus double dogs....Tim's getting serious, but I think the secret is out!
You'll have to give us a report after the trip....please!
Brett

Big Tim

Quote from: bhale1 on March 02, 2018, 02:10:58 AM
Wow...that looks awesome ;D. Factory anti-reverse, plus double dogs....Tim's getting serious, but I think the secret is out!
You'll have to give us a report after the trip....please!
Brett
Tsunami really has put in alot of effort in their products & the Forged 10 looks great. I will use it next week at the Channel Islands, then April 1 in Morro Bay, then maybe send it home with Alan for a proper review.

BT

rogan

Hooks came in today, I got the mold a couple days ago, but not enough time to make jig heads tonite.

So I made shrimp flies instead...    8/0 mustad.  60lb leader check that I could still fit the mono thru the eye!

Thanks to everyone for sharing the knowledge, I wouldn't have made these without all your support and sharing of information.

rogan

Then I remembered that I had some left over fly tying materials from another project. So then I got fancy...

And got them "cat approved".

Big Tim

Quote from: rogan on March 03, 2018, 04:53:06 AM
Then I remembered that I had some left over fly tying materials from another project. So then I got fancy...

And got them "cat approved".
Simple, durable & deadly

pjstevko

The one on the right side in the middle is gonna be the game winner!

rogan

Got some jigs cast, 6-8-10-12. 

12oz head with 9" hammer and its little brother 6oz head with  a 6" hammer

rogan

PJ, Blue and red huh?  I guess I'll make some more ;D

swill88

Rogan, only those willing to put in enough preparation time will compete for the golden carp award. You are on the right path.  :)

Steve

rogan

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D!

pjstevko

Quote from: rogan on March 03, 2018, 06:38:25 PM
PJ, Blue and red huh?  I guess I'll make some more ;D
I don't fish shrimp flies but I always prefer a darker color jig..... Black, purple, dark red, motor oil etc.... Or bright pink!

Fishy247

I know I've read about it before, but I can't remember...what is the "Golden Carp" award for again?

-Mike

theswimmer

Smallest fish as verified by a member of the Wrecking Crew .
The Wrecking Crew is comprised of  Big Tim, Swill88 , theswimmer,
  And PJ as an honorary member due to his culinary exploits .
The Boss, or Bryan are the tie breaker votes if they are around.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn