115 9/0, Death from Above Planer Rod and Reel

Started by Miles Offshore, January 28, 2018, 12:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles Offshore

Death from Above, last try pic, keeps showing up upside down, lol
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

thorhammer

Mostly out of Carolina Beach. I thought I spied a vintage Pfaff on the table. You'll wear out a trailer ball first.

Miles Offshore

Damn, Im inpressed! Good eye, yes it is a vintage Pfaff, made in "western germany", lol. I do some boat enclosures , tops and upholstery as a little side gig. I previously had a vintage singer 42-5 built in the 40's but i prefer the walking foot and reverse that the Pfaff gives me. Its a fine piece of machinery ive owned now for about 15-20 years.
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Donnyboat

Hi Miles, I maybe to late, with this suggestion, if you haven't already stripped your 9/0, then when you do, take digital photos, step by step as you dismantle it, that makes it easier, to place it back together, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Miles Offshore

Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Miles Offshore

So im assuming the drag washers are a five stack, carbontex i believe, and the reel seemed to be well greased on the inside although the outside is a little rough, lol.
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

alantani

from left to right, washers #2 and #3 should be switched.  the felt should be #2 and the two keyed washers should be double stacked on top of each other.  and #7, #9 and #11 are carbon fiber, right?  they just look funny in the photo. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

What the BOSS said. Honestly, I think those last washers have seen better days. Washers are cheap. I recommend you swap them out with new and be confident in your gear.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Miles Offshore

Thanks guys, yes, going to replace them all plus the brass sleeve and also buy Alans stainless handle and knob.i was honestly expecting the 3 drag set when i cracked it.
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Miles Offshore

Yes Allen they are carbon fiber too, picture is just dark
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Ron Jones

I am currently marooned in Portsmouth. If you need any help testing that bad boy out, I'm available.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Miles Offshore

Portsmouth, Va? How long are you here for Ron? We are always looking for folks to ride but not much going on here right now, couple more months and some warmer water moves in and that will be changing!
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Ron Jones

I'll be here at least until September. I'll never turn down a boat ride
Ronald Jones
"

Miles Offshore

Definitely hook you up then, its a lot longer boat ride from here than it is in Oahu, i fished on Magic last time I was out there. We have a nice big comfortable boat, although a little slow. Lol are you working at the Navy Yard I assume?
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

thorhammer

My buddy  does the same; a little cushion and canvas on the side. My boat was the initial guinea pig. When he got the first Pfaff we swore it would sew two sheets of plywood together.....