where to find line roller bearings

Started by oldtrackster, July 11, 2011, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

The benefit with Okuma spinners is that you can get spool bushings, no customizing needed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Bryan are you trying to pull me away from Penn? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Of course not.  I'm just stating a fact.

I love Penn spinners as well.  The old Z and SS series never die.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spearo776

Ended up buying some cheap digital verneers . Bearings measured 8mm od 5mm id by 3mm thick, for anyone else wondering. Sourced some sheilded stainless bearings from a local bearing shop for $8.50 each

alantani

i have the 5x8x2.5 and they're $8, but i don't have the 5x8x3.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

spearo776

Alan, have you had any experience with or heard about 'Lubcon' lubricants, inparticular their 'Turmogrease highspeed L252. It's a lithium complex soap and synthetic oil mix for use in highspeed aplications with a very low frictional startup. I was given a small sample when i picked up the bearings. Don't know about it's water properties but on 'feel' its feels as though it should be the goods . I think it's a german product. Definately worth a look.