Shimano Trinidads: TN30, TN 40 and TN40N. Also Torsa 16 Narrow.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, January 31, 2018, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I'm open to reasonable offers on all of these reels, except that it's going to take an unreasonable offer to part with the TN40N, which is in it's original box with rod clamp kit, papers and wrench.  If we can get together on a price that works for you, I would be happy to shoot some good close up photos.

Thanks,

Randy

conchydong

What was Shimano thinking when they didn't make another 40N with their new series of Trinidads.
The original is highly sought after.

kendopro

Randy what are you looking for on the tn40? I just recently bought a tn30 and looking to add a 40 to my lineup. :-X

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The TN40 is very near mint, a good solid 9.5+.  It comes complete with the rod clamp and Shimano bag, and I can sell it for $385 plus shipping at the actual cost of postage.  If that works for you, I would be happy to take some good close up photos.

Thanks,

Randy

Swami805

I believe that TN40 passed thru my hands, it's never had line on it, you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one. If you want one snatch it up, they are hard to find in that condition.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You're right Sheridan, that is your reel, and it is beautiful.

Thanks for the plug!

Randy

STRIPER LOU

Randy, that is some sweet lookin stuff! I think I drooled on my keyboard. That 40N is a superb reel and its built like a tank.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Keith, I am not any kind of expert on Shimanos, and there are no direct comps on eBay (except for one NIB TN12 that went for $335 + $16) that have sold recently on eBay, but my gut feel is that it might be worth $450-475 to a collector and $400 to a user.

I am sure that we have some Shimano devotees here that have a better feel for it than I do, so please let us know what you think.  I would like to know too.

Thanks,

Randy

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

kendopro

Sorry this is a little out of my budget for a TN40. Thank you for your quick reply I recently picked up a 9 out of 10 tn30 for 200$. Baby scratch on the bottom and mechanically perfect. Opened her up and she looks well taken care of in the inside not a smidgen of oxidation anywhere.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Good buy on the TN30!  As you probably know, when you are dealing with reels that are no longer in production, there can be a huge difference between "nice" and "new in the box."

kendopro

i dont disagree one bit. but i just dont want to pay that much for something im going to fish the shhhhh out of. LOL. They are awesome reels and i hope i can find one.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You're right about that, it doesn't make any sense to pay the premium for a NIB discontinued reel, unless you are a collector.  It's like buying a new car.  The value goes off of a cliff as soon as you drive it off of the lot.

Marlinmate

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS