Shimano Trinidads: TN30, TN 40 and TN40N. Also Torsa 16 Narrow.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, January 31, 2018, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Marlinmate on March 24, 2018, 10:22:35 PM
Is the TN30 still available?

Yes, Jess, I still have the TN30.  I was sorry to see that they closed your giant bluefin season.  Are you still doing c&r?

Thanks,

Randy

Marlinmate

Hey Randy....I'm losing my mind. Thought it was a Torsa 30. I need a reel clamp post for a Torsa 30 by the way. 

bluefin season is closed... catch and release is still taking place.  Next come the yellowfins....then my favorites....white marlin.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Marlinmate on March 24, 2018, 10:52:05 PM
Hey Randy....I'm losing my mind. Thought it was a Torsa 30. I need a reel clamp post for a Torsa 30 by the way. 

bluefin season is closed... catch and release is still taking place.  Next come the yellowfins....then my favorites....white marlin.

Jess, I can pick up a brand new in the box Torsa 30 with all accessories, but the guy wants an arm and a leg, If you could go $625, I might be able to talk him out of it.  Please let me know if you want me to try.

My Torsa 16N has two different diameter rod clamp studs.  Does your 30?

I hope that this is a great year for the white marlin for you.  Do you fish in that big Ocean City tournament?  From what I have read, that draws a wild and wooly bunch of guys!

Marlinmate

No worries on the Torsa 30.  Guy I fish with has a Torsa addiction and has more than he knows what to do with.  Guys on auction sites are trying to fetch $1000 for a Torsa.  Good reels, but not that good.

I hope the white marlin show up strong this year. Last year we were hampered with wind/tropic storms that really put a hurting on fishing hard for them.  A couple of days were good though.

The Ocean City White Marlin Open...yep...I have fished it..as a mate/angler. Big money to win..big money to enter (across the board), but it isnt uncommon for a tuna to win the big money in a marlin tournament. There has been some drama in recent years with lawsuits/alleged cheating etc and some rules clarifications regarding live bait/vs dead bait.

Definitely a week long party, with 400+ boats fishing all week long.  Does good things for the economy of Ocean City, MD.  My opinion...and only my opinion....while there is a release division, the tournament focuses on 1 large dead White marlin. An 18ft Bayliner could get lucky on a flat day and win with a lure/j hook combo.    I prefer to fish release tournaments like the Pirates Cove, the Va Beach etc.  where a boat only wins by releasing the most marlin.  To me, it takes more skill(dead bait/circle hook fishing) to do that.  Don't get me wrong....if an 800lb blue marlin is leadered at the back of the boat in a tournament, I'll stick it.  

I saw the biggest Blue Marlin i've ever seen in my spread last summer in a tournamnet.  Boat next to us boated an 800lber and won.   The one behind our boat would've given it a definite run...espacially since we caught more white marlin than he did. I get goose bumps thinking about that leviathon.  
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Jess, I agree 100% that if a tournament wants to determine the best team, then the number of marlin released is a much better measure than who catches the one biggest fish.  

On the other hand, if the tournament wants to encourage as many entries and as much Calcutta participation as possible, maybe everyone has to feel that they have a chance to win, not just the guys who can afford to buy the best captains, crews, boats, electronics and gear, and who have the resources to pre-fish extensively, load up on live bait, etc.?