alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Yet another 113hnn T4N1 aka "the sleeper 4/0"
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 17, 2018, 05:34:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another 113hnn T4N1 aka "the sleeper 4/0"  (Read 1297 times)
erikpowell
Firearms Group

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »

Nice Alex!
I like the sleeper theme. True stealth.
Reminds me of driving a gray Crown Vic with a police interceptor motor  Grin

That's cool Alex.

FYI. Mine held 500 yards of Daiwa J braid 65lb test. The Avet Raptor HXJ I filled next held 475 yards of the same.

Keith

And thanks for the info Keith!  I'm torn between 65 and 80lb JB or Powerpro.
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 05:36:31 PM »

Compadre where did find the frame screws? Also pm me your address I have something fir you.

https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Flat-Socket-Head-5-40-Screw-304-Stainless-Steel-p/11540000.htm

I got the 3/8" for the left sideplate and 3/4" for right sideplate.

the 3/8" ended up being too short, so you better go with the 1/2" long for left side plate
and the 3/4" long was ok on some holes but in some places 1/8" was sticking outside the frame on the narrow frame zones on the top, so I have to take the screws out and cut 1/8"-2/8" form those screws to keep them inside the frame, if you get 1/2" screws those will help on those parts.

good think I only ordered 25 of each size of the 3/8" and 3/4" long, Now I know I need some 1/2" and 5/8" and few 3/4" more.

I also ordered some 6-40 socket hex screws for the bridge on 5/8" size but ended up being too short too.
https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/6-40-Socket-Head-Screws-18-8-Stainless-Steel-p/24200.htm

so, I used stock screws instead, in my next order I will get some on 3/4" size and pretty sure those will work.

steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »

Nice Alex!
I like the sleeper theme. True stealth.
Reminds me of driving a gray Crown Vic with a police interceptor motor  Grin

haha you Got it, this is more like a Pinto with a v6 3.8 motor, but my goal is to "put a 302 big block v8" on it soon.

Smols

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »

Very nice job with that reel Alex! I really like all that you did to it. Like some others, I too am curious about how the dye job will hold up. And I want to see some pictures of some big fish you catch with that reel this spring.

Smols

Bill B (Tarfu)
Fish Nutritionist II
Sensei

Riverside, CA

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »

Outstanding brother Alex.....I really like the color scheme and the seemingly tired old 113, but a Runner it is....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

....And I want to see some pictures of some big fish you catch with that reel this spring.
Smols
thanks amigo, I also want to see this reel catch some nice yellows or groupers, according to my wife I have way more reel than I can handle on each trip, so to convince her that I need them all of them I wil have to take 6 trolling/bottom fishing setups on my next trip  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Outstanding brother Alex.....I really like the color scheme and the seemingly tired old 113, but a Runner it is....Bill
you got it just right amigo Bill, hopefully nobody will want to take this reel from the boat rod racks because its an old beatup 113 reel.

BTW, Lee just kindly sent me NC (thanks compadre, you are one of a kind) a SS 113h dog, so I will put it on this reel, as well as some SS 304 hex 6-40 screws for the bridge to complete the whole hex screws kit on the reel, no more sliping flat head screws.

coastal_dan
Green Firefish, Anchor of the Oceans!
Sensei

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 07:17:06 AM »

Perfection!  Nice job amigo.  Next to a US113 it would look nearly identical (except for the width of course).  I think one of these is my next project...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:17:41 AM by coastal_dan » Logged

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »

Perfection!  Nice job amigo.  Next to a US113 it would look nearly identical

thanks Dan from Philadelphia, you got it, the color scheme is identical to a US senator like yours.
post pics when yours is done

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: