New member, first post

Started by Paulg, February 01, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulg

Hello, I am a new member. I am a new, first time owner of a Newell S-235-5.
I cleaned and repaired a couple reels for an old friend, so he handed me this reel, just to say thanks. I have never taken a Newell apart. This site will be valuable for me.

swill88

Welcome Paulg!

Lots of Newell experts here so dig in and enjoy.

Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

Welcome, Paulg, from Minnesota.

Frank

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Paul - Welcome from the UK - Lots to learn here :)

gstours

Welcome to the site.  As an avid fisherman I've never owned nor fished a Newell.  I've got plenty to learn.   Enjoy your stay here with new friends.   😀

Bryan Young

Welcome Paul. That's a good trade. It's a great surf casting reel with 20-30# mono.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Welcome Paul....can you show us a few pictures when you are done?  We like pictures and chocolate chip cookies too 😜  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Welcome from sunny San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3