Tiburon T3N Narrow Kits for the Penn 112H Senator

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, February 02, 2018, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

If you would like an extra narrow (1 5/8" - same width as the 501 and T4N1) topless Tiburon 112H kit for $149 plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA, please post here which standard Tiburon color you would like. Tiburon's standard colors are electric blue, cobalt blue, black, silver, red, purple and dark green.  If and when we accumulate 20 orders, I will get a production date and exact cost from Tiburon and then check back with everyone to confirm that their orders are still firm.

Tiburon produced a narrow kit for the 112H high speed 3/0 Senator a  long time ago, and I have verified that they still have their engineering and set ups, so there would be no delays or tooling charges or other costs involved to have them run it again.  All that they would require is a run of 35 kits, and maybe less since they already have the set up.  I believe that they could be ready to ship by the end of March if ordered within the next two weeks.  If there is enough interest, Tom might consider moving a 112H side plate project closer to the front of his project line up.

Please let me know if you would like one.

Thanks,

Randy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Keta on February 02, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
Wow!

Lee, I also have Tiburon working on the extra narrow (1 5/8") kits for the 114H high speed 6/0 Senator, but I am still awaiting cost information from Tiburon, and since it is a new product for them, they may not be ready for prime time until late spring.  I would guess that the cost will be between $200 and $225

thorhammer

WOW...I was looking at my 112H's last night and wondering why there isn't more out there for these...taller spool than Jiggy and all the nice Jiggy gut upgrades that are available. I'll have to think on it.

Decker

I'll commit to one (electric blue).   Anyone have a pic of the old model?   Sounds like it could be cool for mid-depth jigging, even with a 5:1 SS gear set.   /Joe

Fishy247

steelfish

yay !! another extranarrow kit

I dont know, now the 113hnn its so narrow that its really comfortable to use it even on local fishing for corvinas, rockots, croaker, etc, that's where the 112h normal narrow kit was going to be used (when I buy it), but now I dont think the 112h will see much action.
anyway I will keep my eye on this
The Baja Guy

CooldadE

You know I'm in for at least one!!!
Silver

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

farmer56

farmer 56  here....  yes  put  me  down  for  one   .....color  silver  or  a  matte  black   ....  thanks  farmer  out.....P S   now  we  need  the  double  dog  bridges

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

jlezama

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks to everyone for the orders.  Hopefully we will have enough come in by Tuesday to make this project go.  I am going down to Tiburon on Wednesday to see if we can put the 16/0 Senator kits to bed, and it would be great to be able to place the order for these T3N kits too.