Fin nor usa 20 trolling reel

Started by jiggawhat, February 05, 2018, 05:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Janssen

Quote from: thorhammer on February 07, 2018, 03:13:01 PM
Dr. , do you recall who owned FinNor back then? ...A bit off topic but I was wondering how we might find some artifact literature on these.

Yes, it was the USSC / Olympic /Mamiya era, a few years before Raiford Trask. (There is one guy who connects the dots between those companies as well as Abu and Ryobi. That guy is still around afaik, but i have not met him yet)

I remember tipping off a Pure Fishing bigwig I had the feeling that Fin-Nor would be available soon*, in the hopes that it might come into their ownership, but Bradley bought it not too long thereafter, like 2005 or 2006 or so.

*just a hunch, thats all. You could sorta tell it was swirling 'round the drain for a long time

Tightlines667

This generation of reels still appear to be of good design and high quality to me though regardless of ownership or place of manufacture... IMHO.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Robert Janssen

jiggawhat

What would yall value these reels at? Mine is  number 00012. Pretty low if you ask me..

jiggawhat

def. a carbon washer...seems the greese is old unless they used an older darker colored grease. seems well lubed but im gonna redoe it soon. anyone recommend a certain  grease and should i add lubrication to the drag washer?

Tightlines667

Maybe around $150.  I have seen asking prices as much as $250, but most sell in the $125-$175 range.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.