alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Which has better side imaging, Garmin striker plus SV or Humminbird Helix SI?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
April 22, 2018, 02:15:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who has better side imaging?
Garmin Striker plus SV - 0 (0%)
Humminbird Helix SI - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which has better side imaging, Garmin striker plus SV or Humminbird Helix SI?  (Read 680 times)
Three se7ens
Sensei

« on: February 05, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »

Im planning to upgrade my fish finder to one with side imaging in the next couple of months.  I was really excited about the new Lowrance hook 2's, but the transducer wont fit.  So Im left with the Garmin and Humminbird units to get side imaging.  I mainly fish in water under 6', so traditional sonar is next to useless.  Im mainly interested in being able to pick up fish off to the side of me. 

broschro

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

I have a friend who sponsored by Humminbird and loves his Mega Side Imaging unit. He put some video up on my Facebook page it was totally awesome.
Reel 224
Jersey Devil
Firearms Group

New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »

I have to agree that Hummingbird is a good unit. I used two when I was fishing fresh water.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
Three se7ens
Sensei

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »

Well, I dont have much to say about the humminbird side imaging, but Ive had a Garmin echomap 74sv now for a few weeks, and Im quite impressed.  The side imaging is a game changer in the water I fish (very shallow). 

Reel 224
Jersey Devil
Firearms Group

New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »

The Garmin is a good unit but I've had little experience with those, It was on my brothers boat years ago and a bottom shot and fish indicator.

Joe   

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: