Main Menu

Fluke jig

Started by Eddie Hernandez, February 06, 2018, 04:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Hernandez

Made a few of these rigs last night l, it was my first time ever tying I really enjoyed it!

Eddie Hernandez

Just wanted to show you guys how I attached the trailer hook. I used power pro from a few reels I repaired ,I wrapped the wire and crimped and used epoxy to secure it. Thanks again for the help guys.

swill88

Great looking jigs! Thanks.

Bill B

Fish killers for sure , let us know how they do.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reel 224

Nice job Eddie. Now just go out and catch some Fluke  ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

gstours

That looks like some good rigs you made,  have fun, be creative, and keep fishing,   great pictures.  thanks.

Eddie Hernandez

thank you guys !!!! cant wait to try them out!!!! I will keep you posted........e.h

oc1

Eddie, next batch try tying the dubbing on the top of the double hook (curved upward).  Then put some weight below the double hook.  This will help the jig settle to the bottom with the hooks pointing upward so they are less likely to snag the bottom.  I don't know about fluke, but for flounder you have to drag the jig over some rough terrain to find them.
-steve

Eddie Hernandez

The position of the double hook did cross my mind, next batch I will deff change it upward thank you really appreciate the advice. I have zero experience tying so I have to practice working with dubbing.There are a few other details I want to address.on the rig.

Eddie Hernandez

Finally went  fishing for fluke and put my fluke rig and bucktails to use! Had 2 keeper fluke and a ton of shorts. Even landed a bluefish.
What a great feeling catching fish on lures/rigs i made. I would like to add I was the only one who landed a keeper(2) 8) ;D

Decker

Nice work!   Looks like the trailer hook brought in at least one of them.

Fishy247

Very nice!!! It definitely does feel better catching on a rig that you made yourself.  ;D

-Mike

Reel 224

That's what I'm talkin about! ;) ;D Nice going mike.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."