alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Penn Long Beach early #60
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 21, 2018, 07:29:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn Long Beach early #60  (Read 621 times)
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 03:30:53 PM »

Even though they look like that at times they will  work just fine, as long as you use the same two gears.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »

Nelz, here's a peroid correct LB60 gear set ( probably WW-2 era) from a reel with no part numbers. Pretty good shape. They're yours N/C if you want them. Got some other LB60 parts from this reel too. Lemme know.
Gfish

* image.jpeg (1847.3 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 10 times.)

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
nelz

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

Thanks for the gears Gfish, they're very smooth. Just need to file down the pinion a touch as it clicks a bit when in free-spool with the reel facing to the left.
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 08:28:13 PM »

You're very welcome.
Could be the eccentric jack's not pushing the yolk/pinion down far enough away from the male part a the spool in the freespool mode. Or mabey you just need to file it...
You'ed think if tilting it to the right you'ed get the kinda problem with the thing I mentioned above...? Not when you tilt it to the left. These type a problems witha Penn are fun to solve.
Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: