Kings River double rainbow trout

Started by pjstevko, February 09, 2018, 03:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

A friend and I hit up the Kings River today and I caught my biggest rainbow trout yet, I'm guessing it was around 18". I caught another smaller trout at our last stop of the day. All my trout have hit small spinners like panther martins or blue fox fished in fast moving water while the current pulls the lure across the river.

Benni3

xjchad

Congratulations on the new PB! Beautiful rainbows!
I love that kind of fishing!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Rivverrat

Dang they are very beautiful fish. Congrats ! ... Jeff

alantani

Congratulations!  I haven't fished the Kings in 50 years!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cor

Really healthy looking fish!   Looks lovely and tranquil there,..... peaceful.    Best of all I see no other people, the way I love it.
Cornelis

theswimmer

Very nice PJ!
Next time you fish the King's let me know , that's basically my back yard......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

xjchad

Quote from: theswimmer on February 09, 2018, 10:37:04 AM
Very nice PJ!

So jealous...
Husband, Father, Fisherman

pjstevko

Very nice PJ!

JT we fished from Pine Flat dam down to the weir...... Are you close to there? I'd be great to get together and target some trout...

El Pescador

PJ!!!

LUV the photos of your Kings River Rainbow Trout!!!!

Like Alan, I was LAST there in 1970 at the age of 14.

I was WAY upstream of you, we parked the cars at Courtright Rev., walked past Post Corral Meadows and fished the North Fork of the Kings River one afternoon just banging 12" - 16" wild strain Rainbow trout.

We ended up at the base of Blackcap Mountain, fishing both Guest & Horsehead lakes.  Man, you opened up some synapses that had not fired for WAY TOO MANY YEARS. 

Done side, NO photos of that trip. 

Keep the photos coming.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Quote from: pjstevko on February 09, 2018, 04:43:05 PM
Very nice PJ!

JT we fished from Pine Flat dam down to the weir...... Are you close to there? I'd be great to get together and target some trout...

Mmmmm about 25-30 min out of my way on the way home😎
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

We used to do our Swift Water Rescue certs along that stretch and as a result learned  the  water and the deep holes along the way. Absolutely bomber catch and release water.......

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: theswimmer on February 10, 2018, 04:06:51 AM
Quote from: pjstevko on February 09, 2018, 04:43:05 PM
Very nice PJ!

You available during the week at all?

Mmmmm about 25-30 min out of my way on the way home😎

theswimmer

I can fish in the afternoon with a little notice.
We are finally going to get some more people at work so things should be a little better as far as time off.

Errol Flynn