stainless left handed gear sleves(DONE)

Started by Petah, February 11, 2018, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

Just wondering if any of our many talented members have considered a run of left handed gear sleeves,
main gears and drag stars for say, Squidders or Jigmasters??? It would be really nice so that the lefties
could take advantage of all the wonderful upgrades for these reels!!!!

redfish12

Keta

He might be out and I might be wrong on my source but I think Alan had LH Type A and Type B gear sleeves.  I have 1 Type A left and can not decide where it needs to go.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i have some left handed gear sleeves for the jigmaster, maybe 5-10 remaining, but no left handed stars to go with them. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Fortunately MysticParts still has a few LH stars.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/10-60LH.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i'm up in portland right now, so i can't check, but there was a problem of some sort.  i think it was because i had fine thread left handed gear sleeves.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Ah yes, that's the one I have that I have not used yet.

Mark Twain

mikeysm

I have one of them it's the thread pitch. The tap has to be custom made. I know where to get one special made but it hasn't been a priority yet.

Mike

Petah

Thanks for all the info Bruddahs!!!! Alan, sent you a P.M.
Guess I have to post some pics of some builds!! Nothing fancy but thanks to you guys
they're way better than normal!!!!

Peter

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on February 11, 2018, 07:00:17 PM
I have one of them it's the thread pitch. The tap has to be custom made. I know where to get one special made but it hasn't been a priority yet.
Mike

I'll split the cost with you.

What I did with one of these was slather some high quality anti size on the gear sleeve and used it to retap the course thread LH Jigmaster star I had.  The SS did a fair job on the brass star but the threads could strip.

Mark Twain

mikeysm

Lee the tap isnt cheap. It cost $105.00 for one tap.

Mike

Keta

I know, that's why I do not have one. 

Mark Twain

Petah

Hey Mike!!! Could you send me the info on that tap???
Being a mechanic for 25+ plus years, I've been known to splurge on a tool or two!!!!
Mahalos!!!

Peter