alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Review of the Maxed Out handle/knob assembly
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 21, 2018, 07:30:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of the Maxed Out handle/knob assembly  (Read 658 times)
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 02:57:47 PM »

Great review S.L.
Really, if you ever wanted a career change maybe that'ed be one thing to consider?... "Striprer Lou's Reviews".

I have no real machining or fabricating experience to speak of. Sensory-wise though there's something about those 2 eccentric shift levers from Maxed Out I have, that say to me "form & function-perfection". Not to mention that you can't even tell they're a diffrent product than the C.C. side plates they're attached to.
Gfish

* image.jpeg (1223.7 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 7 times.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:01:32 PM by Gfish » Logged

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
pjstevko

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »

Great review Lou!

And if you ever wanna get rid of that "Purple Haze" reel let me know.... I'd have to get a loan but I'd love to buy it Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
STRIPER LOU
Sensei

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »

Thanks All!

This one is called Eye of the Tiger. Installed it earlier and seems pretty much the same as the others, a nice tight fit. A light coat of grease on the handle and gear sleeve, worked it up and down along its length until seated, removed the handle and grease, then reinstall.

The orange/black combo is quite a contrast to the green and looks really sharp. The shop has been very busy with customers for the past several days and I wanted to get this out for the weekend in order to get more feed back.

We had a slight break in the weather and a bunch of the guys went to the Housey. They didn't catch a ton of fish by any means but one of them did manage a 40 inch striper and a few of the guys caught some small schoolies.. Someone said the big bass was caught on a 3/4 oz white pearl shad. Doesn't look like the weather is going to hold for the weekend though as they're predicting around 8" of snow.

I'm heading to R.I. towards the end of the month. My buddy Chas is one of the commercial guys and He's doing the Cod thing right now. Putting a 4/0 together with the Maxed Out handle arm for him to test, so we'll see how it goes.
Have to bring some supplies and thought I might want to pack a rod just in case!

Again, thanks to everyone for the comments, they're appreciated, and please by all means share your experiences.
Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

* 002_50eye of the tiger.jpg (188.55 KB, 800x600 - viewed 5 times.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: