Global Flood Waters

Started by Shark Hunter, March 07, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Don't forget sinking shorelines and rising water gives more water surface to fish in.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Nice try Dominick  :) but with rising sea level the existing nursery habitat becomes too deep so the predators can move in and eat the next generation.  To add insult to injury, our shore lines are already armored with revetments and the scope of the revetments is increasing.  So, a rising sea level cannot create new nursery habitat to replace the old flooded nursery habitat.  Doom and gloom.
-steve

Cor

Quote from: Midway Tommy on March 08, 2018, 10:24:40 PM
Man I'm glad I live where I do. My wife & I, just the two of us, go through 225 gal a day on average. We have for years and don't water our yard or have livestock. Whew!!
Hahaha, if you lived here you would get whacked with a huge monthly bill for that and run the risk of them throttling your water flow and a substantial fine on top of it.   Only some businesses and farmers have special dispensations.

(The very serious water scarcity we have here now came as a huge shock to many people who were used to simply switching on the tap and using as much water as they wished.   Can you imagine a city of 3.5 million people with no water?   So drastic measures had to be taken and most people simply adjusted to what was required of them.   If it doesn't rain adequately, we will run out around June/July this year.)
Cornelis

Shark Hunter

I can't imagine being monitored for your water use.
I guess I am spoiled.
Living in the Ohio Valley, We have Mild Winters and Hot Summers.
It is a good place to live. I am actually in Kentucky, But Indiana and Ohio are only a few minutes away.
It is considered the Tri State.
My Wife wanted a house in the country.
Then you have to deal with a Propane tank, a Water Cistern, a Septic Tank that will have problems down the road.
Then worry about deliveries for the gas and water.
All my Gas and water is piped in and my Sewer is piped out.
I just pay the bill when it comes.
I only had four demands, when buying my House. City Water, City Sewer, Gas Heat and two car Garage.
No exceptions.
Life is Good!