Reel id

Started by Chuck750ss, February 25, 2018, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck750ss

Can someone id this beater?

festus

I was getting ready to ask the same question, you beat me to it, lol.  All I know it's advertised as an unknown German.

Chuck750ss

Quote from: festus on February 27, 2018, 12:11:52 AM
I was getting ready to ask the same question, you beat me to it, lol.  All I know it's advertised as an unknown German.

Yea, I wanted the Shakespeare for parts. But not worth it to me if I can't do something with the other reel. The Shakespeare missing the handle and the guy said the bail is sluggish and ar doesn't work.

festus

Yep, if l fished saltwater I'd definitely want one of those Sea Wonders. 

Been seeing lots of Shakespeare 2052s going and coming lately on the auction site.  A couple days ago a spool went for one of those went fast.

Rivverrat

Im no expert but that stem / rod mount looks exactly like whats on a Quick 270. I'd go so far to say it came from the same mold. However the rest of it other than the handle going through the same type mount & apparent bushing has no ressemblance... Jeff

Chuck750ss

At first glance one thinks "Super". But it is not.

Midway Tommy

Does is say "Made in Germany", or any other writing, on it anywhere?
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rivverrat

States made in Germany on stem... Jeff

Midway Tommy

Some decent closeup photos in and out sure would be nice. It's tough to tell anything in detail from the photos posted, especially since there are no decals or stickers anywhere and the bail is missing.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

festus

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 27, 2018, 09:30:51 PM
Some decent closeup photos in and out sure would be nice. It's tough to tell anything in detail from the photos posted, especially since there are no decals or stickers anywhere and the bail is missing.
I saved the pics for the mystery reel last night.  Looks like this has disappeared from ebay since yesterday. There was a big maroon Shakespeare salt water reel in the deal included for parts.