New Kovalovsky Reel Website

Started by Deepfins, February 13, 2018, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepfins

Greetings reel collectors!

I recently put together a website to showcase Kovalovsky reels: http://kovalovskyreels.com/

As I traveled around the country visiting with other collectors, it struck me how many fine reels were hidden away and not readily available for the public to enjoy. And very few collectors have their own website. That gave me the idea of starting a website that anyone could post their reel pictures on. I chose to focus on Kovalovsky reels, as they are a favorite of mine.  I thought it would be a fun project to collect as many pictures of different Kovalovsky reels as possible and share them on the internet. If you have a nice Kov', and would like to contribute a picture(s), PM me or contact me through the website. I can include a credit for the photo, or you can choose to remain anonymous.

Thanks!
John
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

--Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

swill88

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Thanks for posting John, first time I have seen Kovalovsky reels they look to be nice & solid reels, I like the models with the larger counter balance, on the winders. thanks again, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

whalebreath

Beautiful work John-Thanks for this!

Cor

First time I've heard of these reels.   Nice looking site and pictures.
Cornelis

Rickski

Great job.  I had never known of Kovalovsky, but sure do know him now.  Good stuff :)
Rick

Vintage Offshore Tackle

John, that is the the most amazing fishing website that I have ever seen!  Thank you for all of your efforts to put it together.  I hope that you get a great response to your request for photos.

redsetta

Terrific work John - the photography is sensational!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Tightlines667

Each and every one of those is a special reel.  

We appreciate all of your hard work on tracking them down and bringing this website from concept to reality.  It is a great idea, and one that might be expaned to include other significant reel makers.

Enough high quality photos there for a second calender ;)

I wish I could have been privy to some of the conversations you had with the collectors.

Well done!

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

joel8080

Oceanside,California

Deepfins

Thanks everyone for the kind words!  Yes, it took a lot of time, with sorting, editing and uploading the photos, but great fun.  It is nice to get all these reels in a place where more folks can enjoy them.  Check back to the site occasionally, as I will be adding more photos of different reels as collectors contribute and time permits.  And again, if anyone has a Kovalovsky they would like to add, anonymously or with a credit, please contact me.

Cheers,
John
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

--Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

ez2cdave

Here are a few pics . . .

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

A  few more . . .

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

Last one . . .

Tight Lines !