Ice Storm

Started by Shark Hunter, February 09, 2018, 05:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Keta on February 10, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
How many colonies do you have?

We've got about 30 hives....at least, that's what we started the winter with. The last few years, because of disease, etc., winter losses have been pretty high, in our area. We haven't been affected as much as some of the big guys, but CCD (colony collapse disorder) has really hurt a lot of folks...losses around 40%-50% !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Quote from: Crow on February 12, 2018, 08:02:41 PM
Quote from: Keta on February 10, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
How many colonies do you have?

We've got about 30 hives....at least, that's what we started the winter with. The last few years, because of disease, etc., winter losses have been pretty high, in our area. We haven't been affected as much as some of the big guys, but CCD (colony collapse disorder) has really hurt a lot of folks...losses around 40%-50% !

Several people here have lost 50%-100%.  I heard of 25 hives in two locations but in the same general area had something sprayed upwind and they both had 100% loss.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain