help I.D. this senator

Started by pinoy101, April 11, 2018, 07:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinoy101

hello all... i hope every one is having a good weather.. getting a lot of sunshine here in the east... summer is coming up...

just helping out here,    can anyone I D  this senator?... how much is it worth?...  i dont have it, someone just send a couple of photos..

thanks...

Swami805

Looks like a 10/0 but I could be wrong. It has a bearing so it's not relatively old. Looks like he took a stock handle with a counter weight and machined a hole in the end to fit the gear sleeve. Have him read you what's printed on the handle side plate,it says what it is on there.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

pinoy101

Quote from: Swami805 on April 11, 2018, 12:36:53 PM
Looks like a 10/0 but I could be wrong. It has a bearing so it's not relatively old. Looks like he took a stock handle with a counter weight and machined a hole in the end to fit the gear sleeve. Have him read you what's printed on the handle side plate,it says what it is on there.

hello Swami805 ... thanks for the info... so you think the stock handle had a counter weight?.. im also confuse with the arm.. would there be an arm with that knob size with a counter weight?... havent seen one.. i could be wrong too.. il try to get hold of the owner and have him take more photos... and the no. on the handle side plate...

thanks again.. alan

conchydong

Hello Alan. I agree it is a 10/0 or a 12/0. Probably a 12/0, same reel as 10/0 different width.  The handle, however, is odd. To me, from the picture, it looks looks they overlapped two handles and screwed them together to try and get more torque. Not ideal, but I understand the Filipino way of making do with what you have to work with.
Good luck  as it is a great old reel. Capable to catch  some of those Yellowfin Tunas you have there.

Scott

Gfish

I'd guess 10/0. The handle thing, I never thoughta doin somethin like that. Hmmm...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pinoy101

hello Scott and Gfish.... thanks for the confirmation's... yup the handle is sort of odd and becoming interesting !... if by im goin to make an offer on this reel, what would be a fair amount?...

btw, i would like to correct my self... went to the handle section and found there are arm with that size knobs with c/weight on them...tryin to find a similar  configuration... bin tryin to figure the handle closely.. the center hole to the knob has a longer length than the other side where the supposed c/weight is.... hmmm...

thanks..alan

Maxed Out

Cool handle blade.....Penn allowed factory workers to make thier own custom components. I found a guy with 3 8" long Penn blades with knobs. He explained that his dad had worked at Penn back in early 50's and his dad made the extra long cb handles in his spare time, took them home and put in a junk drawer for about 60 years. Sorry bout the ling story, but just pointing out that there's a good chance the handle on the 12/0 pictured is factory made.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pinoy101

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 12, 2018, 04:48:11 AM
Cool handle blade.....Penn allowed factory workers to make thier own custom components. I found a guy with 3 8" long Penn blades with knobs. He explained that his dad had worked at Penn back in early 50's and his dad made the extra long cb handles in his spare time, took them home and put in a junk drawer for about 60 years. Sorry bout the ling story, but just pointing out that there's a good chance the handle on the 12/0 pictured is factory made.

Ted

hello Ted... got me intrigued now... a possible 10/0  or 12/0 with a "rare" handle...  im on my edge of my saddle!.. what comes up next ! ?... :o

thanks Ted..

1badf350

See if he'll throw in that super rare oscillating fan in the background. I hear Penn used them in the factory back in the day to keep the workers cool while they were making their custom handles.
That flip flop looks just like the flip flops worn by Penn employees in the 40's. You should buy that too.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

The closer I look at the handle it looks like another piece of metal is welded or something by the original gear sleeve hole. Price would depend on the condition and where you are. Can't tell much by the pictures. That long handle makes me think someone was using it for grinding up heavy loads and the insides might be worn pretty well. Looks ok on the outside though. Take a look at the sold listings on ebay, that would be a god start.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

conchydong

Without knowing the true condition I would guess it is worth about 7,000 PHP. I wouldn't pay over 10,000 for it.
Other deals will come along.

Scott

pinoy101

Quote from: Swami805 on April 12, 2018, 12:58:39 PM
The closer I look at the handle it looks like another piece of metal is welded or something by the original gear sleeve hole. Price would depend on the condition and where you are. Can't tell much by the pictures. That long handle makes me think someone was using it for grinding up heavy loads and the insides might be worn pretty well. Looks ok on the outside though. Take a look at the sold listings on ebay, that would be a god start.

hello again Swami805 ... ok.. will do the hunt on ebay... I was able to pm the person who sent the pics.. and im asking him to shoot some more photos... from there we can do assessment ... I guess with a long handle that may be true..

thanks again ... appreciate much...

alan

pinoy101

Quote from: conchydong on April 12, 2018, 01:18:32 PM
Without knowing the true condition I would guess it is worth about 7,000 PHP. I wouldn't pay over 10,000 for it.
Other deals will come along.

Scott

hello Scott... how are you today?  when are you comin over the P. I.?..  I would like to have a cold one with you and maybe meet the wifey...

will keep that in mind... we don't have a reasonable evaluation of the item yet... will wait for some more photos...

thank you... Scott     ;D ;D ;D