Penn 12/0 Perfection

Started by Shark Hunter, February 13, 2018, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have many a 12/0, but I have this one refined from the many upgrades here.
I fish it hard and I hope it will make me proud this season.
Spooled with the finest line and all upgrades available to date.
Go Penn!
Life is Good!

mhc

Looks too good to fish Daron - but that's what the upgrades are for. Hope you get to push it to it's limits on the next trip.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

STRIPER LOU

Daron, that thing looks sweet. Should be displayed with the Crown Jewels!

Seriously, very, very, nice. Well done as usual.

....................Lou

farmer56

farmer 56  here...  WOW  i can  only  dream  ....dumb  question  what  line  did  you  spool  with....farmer out

mo65

Yeah...what Farmer said...what kinda line is that? 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

Good work Mr shark, after seeing your reel, over time, we don't expect anything but perfect from you Daron, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I hope that you get lots of chances to put that machine to the test this year Daron.  Can't wait to see some photos of big sharks!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: mo65 on February 13, 2018, 02:06:49 PM
   Yeah...what Farmer said...what kinda line is that? 8)
Sufix Tritanium. 100lb.
Life is Good!

farmer56

Shark Hunter

This reel has been to the beach a lot.
I wash it off every time in fresh water after a day on the beach.
No matter what time it is or how long you have been out.
You take care of your gear and it will last.

Life is Good!

Bill B

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 16, 2018, 07:37:22 AM
You take care of your gear and it will last.

True that brother....good looking build.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

triumphrick

Seeing that reel reminds me of a pair of nearly new 10's that came thru the shop recently...

The owner uses them for high speed wahoo trolling, and after a service and filling with wire line, the reel broke, the anti reverse failed.

It is on it's way to me for repair, and I cannot find any stainless anti-reverse parts for it. Is anyone making a double dog sideplate or stainless pawls and bridge a/r gear..??

Appreciate any help!

Saaben

Gfish

Quote from: triumphrick on February 25, 2018, 02:12:59 PM
Seeing that reel reminds me of a pair of nearly new 10's that came thru the shop recently...

The owner uses them for high speed wahoo trolling, and after a service and filling with wire line, the reel broke, the anti reverse failed.

It is on it's way to me for repair, and I cannot find any stainless anti-reverse parts for it. Is anyone making a double dog sideplate or stainless pawls and bridge a/r gear..??

Appreciate any help!

Accorrding to a 10/0 thread from awhile back, Sharkhunter(Daron) stated that the 10/0 internals are the same one's that'er in the 12/0, the spool a the 10/0 being narrower, is the main diffrence. Cortez Conversions in the "For Sale" section probably has the ss versions of what you need.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shark Hunter

That is correct, The 12/0 and 10/0 internals are the same. Just the stand, posts and spool make them different.
There is no ready made double dog plate. It has to be cut to accommodate the second dog.
Unless the dog is worn to the point it won't engage, It is probably just a spring issue.
You say you just serviced it, so You should have seen any issue there.
I use two stainless dogs, stainless sleeve and stainless springs in my reels.
The springs are custom made from a windshield wiper insert sanded down on a belt sander.
The sleeve and dogs can be purchased from Cortez Conversions web site.
Life is Good!