New Rod & Reel today

Started by Big Tim, February 14, 2018, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I had to sell alot of my higher end stuff a while back to pay the good ol IRS & noticed last year when pulling on a few bigger yellowtail I was slightly under gunned and lost several fish to sea lions that if I could of turned them faster I would have won a few more battles. Well the post man rang the doorbell today  ;D Penn Fathom 25NLD2 & Penn Carnage II 7' 30-80 Rod. I'm more impressed with the construction of the rod than I thought I would be.

This should work  ;D

Tim

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on February 14, 2018, 09:58:38 PM
Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2018, 09:54:12 PM
nice!!!!!!

Tons of backbone on the rod

Hate to say it BT, but.
Now you're the weak link.
( I know the feeling)

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on February 14, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
Quote from: Big Tim on February 14, 2018, 09:58:38 PM
Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2018, 09:54:12 PM
nice!!!!!!

Tons of backbone on the rod

Hate to say it BT, but.
Now you're the weak link.
( I know the feeling)

Oh Sir I beg to differ. I have a large belly and big feet. Which means I have leverage and a good understanding  ;D Now I have a big stick to beat them fishes with  ;D

BT

Bill B

Cool beans brother Tim.....you taking on the Channel Islands trip coming up?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Big Tim

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on February 15, 2018, 01:30:43 AM
Cool beans brother Tim.....you taking on the Channel Islands trip coming up?  Bill

Yes sir. Can't wait. Sometimes they get homeguard yellows and big WSB in early March? We will see.Maybe if there is live squid  :o

Tim

bhale1

Tim,
Very nice looking rig! I spend more time surfing the internet than fishing, but have seen great reports on the rod, and am waiting to hear a report from one of the Ohana on its performance....go get em!!!
Brett

David Hall

Please don't use the IR# word!  It gives me heartburn.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

pjstevko

Are you giving up on Tsunami rods?

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on February 15, 2018, 05:43:05 AM
Are you giving up on Tsunami rods?

No sir, I actually had earned enough points with Tackle Direct to get another Airwave Jigging rod for $10.00 & my Lexa 300 is on it right now.

Tim

steelfish

good move on the 25n Tim, I really happy to have switched my penn 40nlds to my Mak15, not really because the brand but because the size, I was going to get the 25nld2 but wanted to try the mak after all the good things Alan and many other said about it.
that 25nld2 will do wonders on the yellows.

The Baja Guy

MarkT

Nice reel Tim!  I have and like a Fathom 25nld2 and usually use it on a Phenix psw700xh.  It's great for taking on all comers with 40#.  I've caught YT, YFT, Dorado and Wahoo on it.  My other 40# rig is an Avet JX 6/3 on a UC 76HP.  Both great combos!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!