Bearing supplier

Started by SeaBush, February 15, 2018, 01:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBush

Who is the best source for bearings for reels? I have ordered from Boca bearing, they seemed to be pretty good. Are there other/better options?

CB

akfish

SmoothDrag.com has a good selection of bearings. And Dawn, the owner , is great to work with.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

mikeysm

pjstevko

Do they sell sealed smaller bearings?

bpm2000

I just purchased some EZO bearings from www.johnsonbearing.com and it was a good experience. 

SoCalAngler

I know this is a older thread but I will add another supplier, Alpine Bearing and they had what I needed. I live close enough to Alpine West to call in a order and pick them up at there location. Also VXB has a location close enough to me to pick up from there but I personally have not used them but I do know others who have and they were happy with them.

Cuttyhunker

Have heard no bad vibes on Boca.
Doomed from childhood

alantani

i go to dawn at smoothdrag.com first.  if it is a bearing that she doesn't carry, then i go to bocabearings.com.  they have pretty much everything. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Mystic Parts sells bearings also.  I just ordered and received spool bearings for a Penn International 50 VSW.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Hardy Boy

I have got bearings from Dawn at smooth drag (her shipping to Canada is very reasonable), I have used Bearings Canada and they have been good although shipping is higher so best for big orders and I have recently used Fast Eddy bearings in the states and they have been good with reasonable shipping rates. Some of the lower cost bearings have worked well (even in guide reels) if packed with grease and serviced annually and if they pooch they are reasonable to replace.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

oc1

I always start with Boca because they have the largest selection and many options within a single size.  But, they are slow.
-steve

mikeysm

VXB is way cheaper thnn boca bearing.

Mike

exp2000

Quote from: mikeysm on October 31, 2018, 03:49:28 AM
VXB is way cheaper thnn boca bearing.

Mike

VXB bearings are ABEC1 rated so naturally less expensive.

The defacto standard for all Japanese EZO and other manufacturers is ABEC7.
These are the best for baitcaster spools - quality and precision is second to none.

Boca strikes a happy medium. Usually ABEC5 rated with reasonable quality and price and superb service.
~

mikeysm

VXB sells all grades of bearings. But smooth drag will most.likely have what you want.

Mike

SoCalAngler

Quote from: mikeysm on October 31, 2018, 04:56:44 PM
VXB sells all grades of bearings. But smooth drag will most.likely have what you want.

Mike

X2 VXB sells all grades and sizes you are looking for so does Alpine Bearing. I have not purchased from Boca because shipping is almost the cost of the bearings I'm looking for. I bet most people have a local supplier for bearings and can either pickup there or have them shipped.

Dawn has been super fast for me with drags and such and if I needed shipment I'd check with her first.

I just like the idea of keeping a local business going but with the few orders I buy I'm sure not keeping any ones doors open.