I stand corrected Ted (New 12/0 and 14/0 w/ vintage logo)

Started by Penn, February 15, 2018, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn

Referencing this thread :

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24259.msg271580#msg271580

New 12/0 and 14/0 produced the last 2 years will be using vintage logos, see pics.

tony

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Tony,
   Can you please clarify something for me.  Are the 12/0 and 14/0 made in China? ...and if so, when did they start being manufactured there?
Thanks
Dom

thorhammer

Dom, I recall 14/0 were being in Philly when we went, but WOW two years ago already...

foakes

When Tony gave Sue & I a tour of the Penn plant a couple of years ago — there was a gentleman drilling out and finishing the 14/0 sideplates — and yes, they were being produced in Philadelphia.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

broadway

That's what I thought, but I had heard differently somewhere.  Thanks for the assurance, John and Fred.
USA!!!

Ron Jones

As I understand it. Penn has a retail price point for US manufacture. Thus the Chinese Senators and US Fathoms.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Penn

Quote from: broadway on February 16, 2018, 04:20:39 AM
That's what I thought, but I had heard differently somewhere.  Thanks for the assurance, John and Fred.
USA!!!

116L AND 117L manufactured in the USA, continue to squash those false rumors for us!

tony

Penn

thorhammer

I recall specifically watching the 14/0 getting assembled and thinking Daron should have been there with us....the pull-down drivers are awesome. I should've done that on my bench...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!