Jigging Master Pe7 Underhead Reel

Started by handi2, February 16, 2018, 11:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I'm posting the pictures here because its an Accurate design reel. The pictures you see is how it comes from Jigging Master. The reel comes with everything greased as it should be. With the 5' Jigging Master rod this combo is so easy to use. It is perfectly balance for no stress jigging.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

erikpowell

Bula Keith,

What is an "under head" reel?

What does the complete reel look like?

handi2

Double anti reverse dogs plus the tall clutch bearing that Accurate uses. All bearings were already packed with grease. The grease must be Inox MX5. I use this grease also in many reels.
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

The reel is mounted under the rod just like a spinning reel. This one is left hand crank again just like a spinning reel. It looks weird but when you use it jigging its second nature to jig away. Its hard to explained but when jigging the rod up and down while cranking the reel its a fluid motion. No awkward movements or stress on the body.
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Between the reel and foot they added the protruding piece so your finger doesn't slip down towards the line guide. I was truly suprised that the reel was assembled this way. Every tiny fastener was greased.

Does Accurate reels come assembled this way? I know they use the same grease in their larger reels.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

There it is,,,,,love it ;D,,,,those reels are unbelievable  ;D what kind of line you got there

basto

Quote from: erikpowell on February 16, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
Bula Keith,

Hi Erik
In Australia we call conventional reels "overheads"  (on top of the rod), so this is an under head.

Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

coastal_dan

Very cool, I had heard down the grapevine that the JM reels are amazing, but need a good greasing before fishing them.  I guess that isn't true!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

basto

Hi Dan
I bought a PE5N and a PE8 eight years ago and they both had that red grease everywhere.
They are great reels. I sold my 8 about 2 years ago after never having to use it. It obviously carried more line than my 5n and pulled more drag, but my 5n has always been more than adequate for my needs.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Rivverrat

Bula Keith,

Here ya go Eric. Reel mounts below for jigging. It's a narrow spool so you dont have manage the line much at all... Jeff

erikpowell

That explains it! 
For me and my style with a spinner, I'd prefer a left handed underhead then  ;D
But that's perfect for all those Aussie blokes who put the spinning reel handles on backwards!  ;D ;D

boon

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 18, 2018, 06:31:30 AM
Bula Keith,

Here ya go Eric. Reel mounts below for jigging. It's a narrow spool so you dont have manage the line much at all... Jeff

That looks like an Accurate Mutant underhead? The Jigging Master ones have a level-wind assembly, with (I believe) metal gearing to handle the loads.