My restored 349hc cradle rod

Started by mikeysm, February 17, 2018, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Here are some pictures of my 349hc cradle rod finished. A thanks to all the great help from everyone for the help to complete this rod.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

It's gorgeous Mike, the nicest 349H Neptuna restoration that I have ever seen!

Congratulations on seeing that difficult project through to completion.

Randy

broadway

Mike,
  That's one pretty stick ya got there... you gonna fish that beauty?
You've done a nice job putting her back to original condition and taken the time to get her right where you want her.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor,
Dom

Swami805

The shine you got on that cradle is incredible, show a few close ups, I'm thinking it looks better than it did new. Nicest one I've seen. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mikeysm

I changed out the pictures for better ones. So you have your close up photos. It for show its to rare to fish so it will be hung up for a conversation piece.

Mike

Benni3

Great work you did a fantastic job  ;D

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

handi2

The best ive ever seen. I wish I could find one someday.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tiddlerbasher

Mike - put simply - just gorgeous - luv it 8)

mikeysm

Randy supplied the rod and I supplied the nos roller guides. Then Sheriden striped and rewraped the blank. He got the colors just  just right. I told him no fruity colors.

Mike

Bill B

Good job brother...that's something to be proud of....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

I bought the cradle because I wasn't sure I would ever find another one good enough to restore. Five months later and hours of hunting for a rod that would keep it as authentic as possible. Its completed and looks beautiful and everything matches. It wasnt cheap but it was worth it.

moondog371