Newell Parts

Started by CFish, February 19, 2018, 11:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFish

Im sure the issue of tracking down parts for Newell reels is becoming more and more of an issue as time goes on but does anybody have a source for some of the basics these days?  Most specifically I'm looking for the likes of handle washers, beville washers and bearing cups.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

alantani

bellevilles are stock, handle washers can be cut, it's the bearing cups that are a problem.  there are ways to remove bearings in even the most stubborn of cases.  don't throw any of them away.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

PacRat

Newell Nut

Quote from: alantani on February 19, 2018, 11:21:18 PM
bellevilles are stock, handle washers can be cut, it's the bearing cups that are a problem.  there are ways to remove bearings in even the most stubborn of cases.  don't throw any of them away.   :-\

I just removed one Sunday from a friend's reel. I did it with my dremel carbide bit and patience. The fun part of this one is this particular reel was the first Newell that I ever used that a friend loaned me for a day back in 1990. Mr Bill passed away a few years after that and another one of my buddies got that reel from Bill's wife. It has never been services but a quick spin of the spool said bad bearings. Now it has new bearing and drags and just like new again. It was a 540 3.2 and that reel is why I love my 540 3.2s.

Dwight