Mitchell parts listing and prices

Started by reel bob, February 20, 2018, 07:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel bob

Anyone out there have a price listing of Mitchell parts? from back in the day. I have come across many parts and I'll be looking to get rid of them as a lot but don't know where to begin on value...Thanx

foakes

Hi Bob —

Selling in bulk, you might get 10% of what the parts are worth on an individual basis.

But you will get rid of them, if that is what your intention is.

Other options are to list and sell piece by piece on something like an ebay store.

Or trade for what you really want.

Bear in mind that the most valuable parts are complete spools, handles, new frames and sideplates, and bails.

Spools for Mitchells are generally $10-$15, bodies $20-$25, etc...

Internal parts are not that much in demand, except when needed.

Really depends on how much stuff you have, condition as NOS or used, and your personal desires and requirements as to time, etc.

Glad to help if needed.

I have around 40,000 NOS Mitchell parts.  If I wanted to sell them before I move on from this world at the rate of 50 a year — the math works out that I would be 865 years old at the end of the project.

So, at some point, my parts will just freely go to AT members who would appreciate and use them — then pass them along to other members when the time is appropriate.

Just my opinions...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reel bob

Problem is, I don't know the value, that why I'm looking for a price lust

foakes

Hi Bob —

If you will send me some clear pics and basic descriptions — I should be able to give you some ideas.

And number of parts we are talking about.

If new or used.

You can PM me if you wish — then I will give you my private email so pics can be sent easier, and in mass.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

reel bob

Sounds good, ill get with you when I get the parts together... Thanx