Rare Penn BOLO list

Started by pjstevko, February 20, 2018, 03:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Is there anyway we can start a list of rare, valuable, or buy no matter the price?

I'm not a collector but would buy any of the reels on the list and offer them to forum members but I don't know what models to look for......I like looking for older fishing gear at yard/estate sales and at antique stores so list would be a huge help.

The only thing I know to look for so far is any reel with a waffled clicker button.....

Help me help you!

(I know this list would be subjective)

Pj

Bill B

Pj. If we did that then everyone would know  ;). Prices seem to jump when we start talking about reels here  :P. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Superhook

Mike's Penn books have the reels listed and a price guide .

1badf350

With all due respect, i am not on board with this.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

pjstevko

Alrighty then..... Like I stated in the original post I'm not a collector and was gonna pass on the reels to forum members...

Oh well....

bhale1

PJ,
I feel ya man! I'm pretty new to this too. But the more time you spend here the more you'll learn. I don't get many great Craigslist or yard sale reels to choose from here in AZ either. But, I will say this, keep looking...you may happen across a gem here or there! Just make sure whatever you spend on it won't break "your" bank, and have fun! I know in hindsight that I have passed on some good ones, but oh well, also got some that aren't really great and will sit in storage.....or maybe someone will post about needing parts..and then I can pass it on! For me it's just a hobby, and it keeps me out of trouble😉.....for what it's worth.....
Brett

broadway

PJ,  I understand why you would want this list as I would've as well when I started collecting (I know you aren't a collector), but the info I learned from this crew brought me to the point where I realize what's got value and what doesn't.  It's of course, a work in progress getting the PhotoBucket photos fixed but a ton of info still lies in the Penn vintage section amongst many others courtesy of some serious collectors and Penn enthusiasts.  I would start with anything that's been stickied. Also, If you wanna get an idea of current pricing for some of these rare reels go to the advanced section of Ebay and click the sold or completed listings.
Stay fishy,
Dom

Rivverrat

Quote from: 1badf350 on February 21, 2018, 01:46:31 AM
With all due respect, i am not on board with this.

Most any here that know will share their knowledge of a good price for what ever reel... Jeff 

broadway

We can certainly give you an idea of what any penn Reel is valued at, but it is one very subjective hobby. 3 weeks ago a late 40's LB box (only) went for $135 while the same box with a mint 40's LB went for $70 this week.  It's really about what fits in your collection and how far is one willing to go to win it.
However, if you ever need to know what I value something at you can always PM me. Condition is key so photos are pretty much a must.
Stay fishy
Dom

Bryan Young

Wait PJ. Let me buy some reels first then I'll post them on the board before putting it up on eBay.  ;D ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Disagree or not. It must be kept in mind with all the traffic here people can, if given to a certain mind set play it to their advantage. No one except the one playing comes out well.

Any one one honestly seeking help of any kind regarding reels can find it here.

this in my mind taking all factors in consideration is the best way to go about it... Jeff