alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Improving an extra large spinnerblade clevis
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 17, 2018, 06:52:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving an extra large spinnerblade clevis  (Read 275 times)
gstours
Sensei

« on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:51 AM »

Large diameter wire or mono exceeds most storebought clevis sizes.   the hole cant be made much larger ad the hole in the blade wont accept it unless enlarged to a huge size.  So here of what I started using a while back.

Its stainless spinner wire but these dont seem to stay on very well?  head shaking or ?    I,ve tried to use larger wire butt its very difficult to form with my simple tools.    So below is an improved version that should last a long time.

The wire is 14 ga copper solid common house hold stuff and with a flux soldered ok.   A drill bit was used to clean the inner bore.

You can use 2-3-4 mm leaders now. Cheesy   What you see is what you get.  Waay better.

These large spinner blades are 2.5-3.5 inches in length and really vibrate when the current is running.   Crazy, huh? Huh?

mo65
The Freshwater Kid...Chillicothe, Ohio
Sensei

"This ship is filthy Mr. Christian!"

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:40:48 PM »

Great idea!

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »

I like--gotta try it.  I make some spinners & the clevis is always a sore point.  Occasionally use a June Bug-type blade that doesn't need a clevis to get around it.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: