Hello, new member from SW Ontario,Canada

Started by Dave.C, February 21, 2018, 09:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave.C

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Fred, that would be NW Ontario. Beautiful up there for sure.  That's about 26 hrs from me. With a tail wind😬 I'm about 3.5 hrs north of Detroit.

Sal, I have some before and after pics. I'll get them posted. I showed a few guys at work and they were quite impressed.

Dave.

gstours

Welcome, this is a friendly information place,  and pictures are always welcome.   Good fishing.

Dave.C

Thanks GS.
I posted some pics in the beginners section, 
Most of my fishing is salmon and trout, not nearly as big as yours due to the alewife collapse in Lake Huron. The zebra and quagga mussels all but eliminated the bottom end of the food chain.
It is slowly starting to come back. Chinooks in the 20 lb range are the tops with quite a few in the mid teens.
Here's some pics.
Some of my son and last one with a November steelhead on Lake Huron.  It was snowing when we came in.

David Hall

Welcome Dave, from another Dave in the Bay Area, Ca. Nice fish! Good to see the kids enjoying it too.

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  ;D nice fish!!!

bhale1

Dave,
Welcome aboard, nice pics thanks for sharing!
Brett

Tightlines667

Welcome!

I used to troll Lake Superior, and Lake Michigan for salmon in the late 70s, early 80s, and I worked on the large lakes team, and fished steelhead, and Lake Trout from shore in Duluth during college (mid 1990s).

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.