Tiburon T60XN Extra Narrow Frame/Spool Kit for the Penn 114H 6/0. Coming soon!

Started by farmer56, February 22, 2018, 08:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer 56 here   .   did  i  miss  something .  what  is  a  114XN ....  when  did  you  guys  start  talking  about  this  ...... if  i  got  this  right ,  its  a  114h  red  sided  senator  ,  narrowed  like  the  112XN   .....  what  would  its  primary  target  be.....also  i  forgot  ,  dont  know  , how  much  drag  could  you  coax  of  of  such  an  animal   with  ss  internals  3.25 : 1  gears  etc.....wow  im  back  to  why  in  the  world  did  i  ever  find  this  site....hope  this  finds  you  all  well....snowing  here  now   3"  on  monday   ,up  to  6"  more  late  today  ,  and  maybe  6"  more  over nite  sat.   but  at  least  we  are  above  zero...  farmer  56  out

handi2

TIBURON makes a narrow 114H kit. To me narrow reels are much easier to fish with. The wider the reel the more you have to pay more attention to the line. Narrow framed reels are also stronger.

With the Motive Fab Drag Insert in the 114H and 115 I get 35lbs of drag tightening with one finger. Use 2 fingers to tighten the star and it will go to 50lbs and beyond very quick.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

farmer56

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dennis, the 114XN is on the drawing board for later this year.  It is an extra narrow Tiburon kit for the red-sided 114H 6/0 Senator, with a width of 1 5/8" between the side plates.  It is significantly narrower than the existing Tiburon narrow 6/0 kit, which if I remember correctly is 2 7/16" between the side plates. The primary application here on the left coast would be as a yo-yo or dropper loop reel for big Guadalupe/Alijos yellowtail, but it would also be suitable for many other applications.  I am hoping to have them ready to ship mid-May.  I will confirm that date after I meet with Tiburon on March 12, which is also when I will be picking up the T3N 3/0 kits and delivering them shortly thereafter.

Thanks,

Randy

farmer56

Randy  save  me  one....   dont  know  color  yet  silver  or  black    ..........    farmer  56   Dennis  out

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Will do Dennis.  I will put up a detailed post in March and start taking orders then.

Thanks,

Randy

jlezama

Hi Randy
   Put me up for one, super stocked to have my XN collection
Juan

steelfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on February 22, 2018, 11:04:27 PM
Dennis, the 114XN is on the drawing board for later this year.  It is an extra narrow Tiburon kit for the red-sided 114H 6/0 Senator, with a width of 1 5/8" between the side plates.  It is significantly narrower than the existing Tiburon narrow 6/0 kit, which if I remember correctly is 2 7/16" between the side plates. The primary application here on the left coast would be as a yo-yo or dropper loop reel for big Guadalupe/Alijos yellowtail, but it would also be suitable for many other applications.  I am hoping to have them ready to ship mid-May.  I will confirm that date after I meet with Tiburon on March 12, which is also when I will be picking up the T3N 3/0 kits and delivering them shortly thereafter.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy, do you have an idea or could give an estimated line capacity for the new xtra narrow 114h?
on 80# or 100# braid
The Baja Guy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Randy, do you have an idea or could give an estimated line capacity for the new xtra narrow 114h?
on 80# or 100# braid

Alex, according to the Penn website, the 114HL standard width holds 1,075 yards of 80 lb. braid.  It is 2 3/4" wide between the side plates.  The 114XN (probably will be numbered T60XN to be consistent with Tiburon's numbering system) is 1 5/8" between the side plates.  1 5/8" / 2 3/4" = .59, so .59 X 1,075 yards is 634.25.  There may be some other factors that I am overlooking, so let's call it 600 yards.  I think that it's safe to say that the T60XN will hold plenty of 80 lb. braid for any common West Coast application except 200 lb.+ tuna.

steelfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 13, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
so .59 X 1,075 yards is 634.25.  There may be some other factors that I am overlooking, so let's call it 600 yards.

awesome, thats actually way too much line for cortez sea fishing (no tunas here or marlin), but maybe with 100lb braid that can be reduce to 500yds, which is still a lot.

would be this reel 114hxn all tanked up or wait till okuma makes a makaira 16n (still a dream,  but this kit from Tib was also a dream almost come true)

(thinking loud) Mak16 might not needed since a stock 114h could handle this
The Baja Guy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Beautiful fish Alex.  It looks like you need 100 lb. braid (or 130)!

Keta

Quote from: steelfish on March 13, 2018, 11:02:32 PM
on 80# or 100# braid

They will be real close to a 349 in size.  You can always fill the reel 1/2-3/4 of the way with 100# Dacron and top it off with 80-100# Spectra.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Since it is getting close Randy put me down for a blue with a red spool 114 6/0.

broschro

Quote from: steelfish on March 13, 2018, 11:37:32 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on March 13, 2018, 11:18:51 PM
so .59 X 1,075 yards is 634.25.  There may be some other factors that I am overlooking, so let's call it 600 yards.

awesome, thats actually way too much line for cortez sea fishing (no tunas here or marlin), but maybe with 100lb braid that can be reduce to 500yds, which is still a lot.

would be this reel 114hxn all tanked up or wait till okuma makes a makaira 16n (still a dream,  but this kit from Tib was also a dream almost come true)

(thinking loud) Mak16 might not needed since a stock 114h could handle this

that is a big fish!