This PDF File Made Me CRINGE ! ! !

Started by ez2cdave, March 17, 2018, 03:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

This PDF File Made Me CRINGE  ! ! ! ( PICS Attached below )

Tight Lines !

ez2cdave

MarkT

I have a trash can that would hold it. With that level of abuse, if by some miracle you could get it cleaned up, it would be just as bad again in that guys hands.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

nah, a day in an ultrasonic cleaner and it will be good as new!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

ez2cdave

Quote from: David Hall on March 17, 2018, 05:17:45 AM
Let's see the after pics!

I don't think there were any "after" pics, except maybe the guy forking over the cash for a new reel, due to his stupidity !

Tight Lines !

handi2

i bet a diver found it underwater. A diver brings me reels to fix at least once a month.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

SoCalAngler

Well as you can see by the different colors on that reel someone bought a blem. Some people like that are the ones most likely to save a buck anywhere, and it sure looks they saved some money on service. :)

Jeri

I've had reels like that brought to me. One that had been lost in the surf, then would seem to have been buried in the sand underwater, then exposed later, and some kind soul found it. Thinking that he was onto a winner, brought it to me for a 'clean up and service'.

There literally wasn't space in the entire reel for another grain of sand. It was a Diawa SL50H, which in general terms are quite a cheap reel here, often subject of massive discounts. So, I gracefully declined by giving him a huge quotation, the equivalent of US$1 less than the price of the reel.

Some folks just don't understand the need for maintenance, or that some things are just not retrievable.

Cheers from sunny Africa

Jeri