Abu Gacia reel purchace

Started by Donnyboat, April 12, 2017, 01:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Most members would recall Alan Tani advertizing a Abu Garcia reel for sale, about 3 months ago, yes I purchaced it, and tested it out yesterday, I think Alan placed 40 LBS braid on it, I was trying to catch a West Australian Dhu fish, but hooked a 15Kg, 32lbs, school shark instead, after 20 plus minutes we had the shark in the boat, serprized that the Little Abu stood up to it, to make this adventure more interesting, I had a Rod that snapped of 3 runner down from the tip, so I found another tip end of rod with 5 runners on it, so I mixed up some epoxey and slid the end section over the original rod, after the epoxey had set, I smoothed it of, then rapted masking tape around the rod & sealed it of with epoxey, to my serprize, rod & reel both stood the presser, I have sent Alan a photo of the shark rod & reel, with a bit of luck alan will place the photo with this post, but I have douts with my ugley face in it, So Alan one happy customer, I will strip this reel, relube it then mount it with the photo, never to be used again. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

its that abu garcia reel an amassadeur model?
which one 6500, 7000 ?

amazing catch whichever model of reel was used
The Baja Guy

exp2000

happyhooker

Great story; glad you had a "good time".

Frank

mhc

I missed this one earlier - that's a solid workout for the ABU (5000?) Don't retire it yet Don, it looks like it still works pretty well!

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

oc1

Way to go Don.  If that's an old Ambassadeur there it's not surprising though. 
-steve

Midway Tommy

That had to be a lot of fun! Congrats, Don!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~