Long Beach Fred Hall

Started by mrwilson99, March 03, 2018, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwilson99

I will be there the first day, who is going? Would love to meet some of you!
David

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I'm planning on being there Wednesday.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

Alan are you going to be in one place or just cruising around?  I am planning on showing up.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

i will be spending some time at the marla sportfishing booth with danny osuna.  otherwise i will be cruising around. 

pjstevko

My favorite jig company is gonna be there and I was hoping someone might pick me up a few jigs and I'll PayPal you for them......

Anyone wanna do me that favor?

alantani

ping me later in the week and i'll grab some for you!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on March 04, 2018, 05:08:55 AM
ping me later in the week and i'll grab some for you!

Thanks Alan I'll pm you in a few days

Dominick

Quote from: pjstevko on March 04, 2018, 05:03:43 AM
My favorite jig company is gonna be there and I was hoping someone might pick me up a few jigs and I'll PayPal you for them......

What's your favorite jig company?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

Quote from: Dominick on March 05, 2018, 04:37:13 AM

Caivo and they are out of Long Beach!

Bryan Young

<crickets>

When PJ speaks, people listen...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alan and others,

In my last ditch efforts to go to the show, it's a no go.  Much to much to do especially since you will be gone for 5 days away from reel servicing.  Things really stops when the both of us are gone.   ;)

Would you mind visiting Okuma to check out the PCH 9' 30#, 40#, and 50# rods, 7'6" PCH Popping Rods, graphite jigging rods, and their prototype rail rods.  I cannot locate any of these rods up here to check out.  Pics and specifications would be greatly appreciated.

I've already looked at Daiwas and Shimano rods.  

I have CalStars that I'm thinking of replacing with rods with faster tip rods.  I like the CalStars but the they are more medium to medium fast taper.

I like the strength of Seekers but they are a little to heavy for my liking.  I also like Phoenix and UC, but are a bit out of my price range.

So now, I'm looking at Okuma PCHs.  I have a few of Okuma's SCT inshore rods and hooked up on a couple of YT last year's SOA trip and the rod handled beautifully...but those darn furbags got my fish.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: pjstevko on March 05, 2018, 02:42:55 PM

Caivo and they are out of Long Beach!
http://caivotackle.com/shop/

http://www.caivotackle.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=8
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Bryan thanks for those links.  Calvo has lures at a really good price.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

The ones I like the best are the 3D Pit Boss, in weights from 5.5oz-10oz....I think the 7oz is the best overall weight and profile but that size is super hard to find....

http://www.caivotackle.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=7&product_id=136

I'm hoping they are gonna run a FH show special and knock a few bucks off the prices.....

When I finally get to go after my first yellowtail in the fall I'm gonna pick up a few of their surface irons....

MarkT

I think of Caivo as surface irons and didn't know they make rockfish jigs too.  I might have to pick some up to supplement my Jax jigs.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!