Long Beach Fred Hall

Started by mrwilson99, March 03, 2018, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag on these jigs......That's ok I got one more secret weapon I know will catch the big one I'm bringing on the trip.....from now on my lips are sealed!

Dominick

I'm not going on that trip so you can PM me and tell me.  OOH! I am so curious.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jzman

The guy who sells and distributes those caivo jigs is named Jimmy.  He always has a booth at Fred Hall and the name of the booth is Jimmy Caivo L.B. Fishing Supply.  Other tackle booths will probably carry Caivo jigs as well.  

His surface irons have a really different shape than other companies but they work and are less expensive.  Only minor gripe is the paint comes off faster than other jig makers.

jzman

Just came back from the show.  Outside there was a police stand off with a gunman near city hall that started around 5 pm so a lot of street closures. 

Bought jigs, sinkers, and reel covers.

mrwilson99

Good times meeting Alan! We kept on playing phone tag the entire day! lol great to finally meet the boss!
David

r8rs4lf

I go to Jimmy's shop quite often, usually at least once a week. Matter of fact, I have to head there after the FH show to pick up my reel bag.

Jimmy's a good guy. Does a lot for the homeless community. I always go to him first for what ever I need. He's local and his prices can't be beat.

mrwilson99

I agree! The woman in his booth, maybe his wife is also very nice!

Quote from: r8rs4lf on March 09, 2018, 03:46:19 PM
I go to Jimmy's shop quite often, usually at least once a week. Matter of fact, I have to head there after the FH show to pick up my reel bag.

Jimmy's a good guy. Does a lot for the homeless community. I always go to him first for what ever I need. He's local and his prices can't be beat.
David

pjstevko

Someone (Alan hint hint) should talk to Jimmy Caivo about sponsoring a 3/4 - full day trip out of Morro Bay Landing to promote his tackle on the Central Coast....

Bill B

Im headed to the show today (Friday) anyone else going to be there today?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mrwilson99

Nope, went on opening day and did some damage. So I am staying away or else risk sleeping outside the house! lol

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on March 09, 2018, 05:27:52 PM
Im headed to the show today (Friday) anyone else going to be there today?
David

Bill B

Just got back from the show.  Long Beach was setting up the barriers for the Long Beach Grand Prix in April.  I was impressed with the crash barriers being put in place.  Met up with Alan and walked around as he showed me some of the booths.  I apologize to Alan as my work phone was ringing off the hook, go figure I'm playing hooky from work and someone ran into a high voltage power line starting a fire 😡  I was really liking the narrows from Accurate and Avet.  United Composites was there with some really nice rods.  Spent some time at the Cedros Sportfidhing booth and had an interesting conversation about sea lions and possible solutions 😇  Next up was Marla Sportfishing and I got to meet Scotty Jr the Bait Slayer himself 😜.  I was surprised to see Cal Sheets there, but then again it should not be a surprise after all this is a fishing show.  Drooled over some nice boats and had a few beers.  All in all had a good time listening to the Boss talk to people and sharing his wisdom.   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!